Meat Slicer

getbent

So I've been doing my own bacon for a couple of years now and sausage, both smoked and fresh types. I am just about ready to set up my curing chamber for salumi and other cured meat.
I had a slicer that I took back as I didnt feel it cut the bacon very well. Sooo, going forward with various meats, and I am freaking tired of hand slicing bacon...making about 5lbs a month..., anybody have a meat slicer they are super happy with?

Thanks

Guy

Try and find a used Hobart or similar
ive got a hobart i got many many years ago they run forever institutional ones especially bacon or harder meats is the only way to go...
I saw one at WCL other day in langford didnt see price though

Yeah I used to work with a Hobart. I know the quality for sure and would love one, just tough to find and usually pretty competitive price wise. If you happen by again and get a chance, let me know the price please.
Thanks Roy

Watching this one closely as I have checked out the stuff you can buy from Cabela's, Canadian Tire, and others. They just look like toy's and not very durable or accurate to me. If I am going to buy a meat slicer it better have straight surface's and built to last a lifetime!

Watching this one closely as I have checked out the stuff you can buy from Cabela's, Canadian Tire, and others. They just look like toy's and not very durable or accurate to me. If I am going to buy a meat slicer it better have straight surface's and built to last a lifetime!
That was my issue with the one I had John...but waiting to hear if anyone has had good success with one of the higher priced Cabelas models

I had a nice commercial slicer and it was whisper quiet but it was huge and I needed the space. I still am in need of a home version. We used to use a small home version in a restraint I owed and it just would not die but it was loud.
I too am watching this.

Back