Meat Jerky

Steelhead S2

I have come into some venison (not from my own efforts, unfortunately) and I'm making jerky. Just wondering how thinly you all slice yours? I ran mine through the meat slicer very thin, as per recipe instructions, but I think it's too thin. Do you guys tend to go a little thicker, or paper thin?

Thanks.

I slice mine by hand.....1/4" and under with semi frozen meat...... into brine for close to an hour or until it tirns "black".... stir it up every 15 minutes.....

Brine-

2 cups kikomann soy
2 cups dark brwon sugar
ground fresh black pepper (to your taste)
garlic powder (to your taste)
3/4 cup boiling water to keep sugar melted.....

soy turns meat really dark after a period....
place slices on your drier trays (I don't use the smoker for this) and give a shake to get extra sauce off! Sprinkle more pepper and garlic on top of your product, I usually use different amounts on each tray... when I do it, I do 6-8 trays and rotate them 3-4 times to get an even dry....mine will take roughly 36 hours on my old dryer.....

Seens everyone loves this simple recipe. Works great with moose, deer and elk.... when butchering I always leave several big chunks wrapped with the work "Jery" on the packaging..... every year more of these packages get put into the freezer!

Mike

I use a very similar recipe, but add a bit of garlic and ginger. If you find it too salty use the "50% less sodium" soya.

36 hours?! I'm suprized you have anything but dust after. I go 10-12, but whatever works I suppose!

I use a very similar recipe, but add a bit of garlic and ginger. If you find it too salty use the "50% less sodium" soya.

36 hours?! I'm suprized you have anything but dust after. I go 10-12, but whatever works I suppose!

Older machine and trays are pretty packed.... if I do 3-4 trays looser packed, then I am 8-10 hours. But when I make it, I want to make enough to last at least a few days, hence the full trays and rotated a few times!

Mike

Man, those recipes sound way better. Mine had a bunch of salt in it. Sooooo salty! Maybe try again this weekend. Thanks fellas.

Whoa! Turn my back for a couple days and this one goes hilarious! Maybe it's the time or day, or the drink count, but That little interaction brought a tear to my eye.

Gunna take another crack at turning meat into jerky here. I'll post re results tomorrow pm.

Worked this time! Followed the recipe posted on this thread, but brined it for longer, and it is super good. Thanks for all the tips fellas,

Hi
how the meat jerky prepared can u please say me i want to prepare it .if u want to keep it fresh for many days then please refer orveed-shop.
fOR further information please visit:www(dot)*********(dot)com

Hi
your statement funny. i see both statement made you about orv ed shope
little triangle me friend

Last edited by a moderator:
Back