Matheson Lake

Karma-Kazi

Was at matherson on friday night. Was amazing buddy hit 3 nice ones on spinners alll 10-16 inch bows and one 8" Cutty.

I missed a beauty smallie on my 2nd cast they are on to top water stuff now boys. Get out there and smash them!

Also lost a few trout on spinners aswell.

-Steve

Wheels Steve are the answer, just make a set to put under the boat & you're good to go.But yes comming back up is another story by the way there are some decent smallies(bass) to be had.

I used to pack a 12 foot tinny down there. Man I was dumb in those days. LOL

One time I was fishing there and an otter swam up to and came right into the boat with me and my brother in-law. It stuck it's nose in the creel and bailed over the side with a trout. Little buggar... I think he'd done that before a few times. haha

Fished the lake from a canoe today with flies. As usual, lots of small ones from 8-10" but nothing larger. I have fished the lake several times in the past four years but NEVER had anything larger than 10" and NEVER had a smallie, despite fishing with large bushy flies like muddler's sometimes. Don't know what you guys are doing that I am not.......

There are bigger ones in there you just gotta wait. Ive seen some big cutties come out of that lake. Like 18" As for the bass ive only caught a few there and nothing much more then 3 pounds. all on spinners except one that took pink powerbait.

-Steve

If your going from a Canoe take some biger blue foxes and go in on some of the lilly pads and cast along them. You will be suprised of the cutties in that lake!

-Steve

definitely bigger bass in there than 3lbs....I always see them when snorkeling - the usual hangout was the dropoff on the right backside of the island (caught them on worm/bobber as a kid but twice lost them right at the shore), but last year, I only saw a monster between the island and the nearest shore bather spot. Obviously hard to tell underwater, but I often get pretty close and I'm pretty sure they would be in the 4-6lb range. The sad thing is last summer, I snorkelled most locations and didn't see a single trout (top to bottom). I didn't try the shady left side though, so maybe thats their main summer haunt.

Back