Market and Value of Volvo Engine

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hi guy's

I have decided that I am simply not an inboard engine guy, I dislike working on them. I want to move forward with my plan to pod my 2400 Seasport. Does anybody know if there is a market for used volvo engines and legs? I have a 1999 Volvo KAD43 paired with a Volvo DP-e drive is there any value in the engine and leg and if so what would you expect to get for the package? The engine and leg have about 1850hrs and I have full maintenance record.

Capt

Definitely value there,I would think someone running a big V8 gasser would want it considering gas prices these days.The KAD43 is intercooled and turbo charged I think,how many HP? Would be good for 22-28 Ft. boat I would think.I'd be guessing at value on your setup ,but I know it would be very expensive new.Your hours would be high for a gas motor but not a diesel,should be good for a long time yet.Any of the marine shops that specialize in diesel power should give you a ballpark estimate on value.I'm with you on disliking the inboard doghouse.You'll love the extra room in the cockpit,reliability of new outboards and the boat should ride better with a full flotation hull contour pod.

You'll love that boat with outboards. Finished my 22 Seasport this winter and regret none of the money I put into it. I had the Volvo 5.0gi with DP-S drive (700 hours) and got $3k for the package with the buyer knowing full well the outdrive was a basket case.

Back