Marked Gas

e-zee

Can anyone tell me the current price of marked gas and grade in Campbell River and Port Hardy? Heading to Port Hardy on Monday and the plan was to fill the tank in CR. Nice big station to pull the boat through.

The easy station for access is Shell at Willis Rd., just off the Inland Highway.
Mid-grade is $1.599 .
Correction: they have marked gas.

Last edited:
Could fill in Hyde creek just before hardy. Lots of room there and they have marked gas. Not sure the current price though.

Thats where we were planning to stop and fuel up. I was sure they had marked mid.
I’ve filled up at the Willis road Shell many times. IIRC, their marked gas is either 2 or 5 cents less than regular. They certainly have marked and they even fill out the form for you while you’re pumping your gas.

I have always fueled up at that Shell. Just phoned to confirm they still have marked gas. Definitely an easy place to get in and out of.

Thanks for the info boys! I have to come up over the Malahat and would prefer to do that without the extra weight of 500 litres of fuel.

So I'm in Edmonton for work. FYI regular from the gas station is 90 cents a liter......

BC aka Bring Cash

There’s quite a difference between Vernon marked fuel and the island it seems even. I’ve been filling marked around 1.30 this spring (haven’t checked in a few weeks)...Willis Road in CR is shockingly more expensive. Is it ethanol free? It’s a convenient stop I suppose.

I’m going to be topped right up before leaving the interior and just fill my gas cans on the island. Hopefully save a few bucks.

There’s quite a difference between Vernon marked fuel and the island it seems even. I’ve been filling marked around 1.30 this spring (haven’t checked in a few weeks)...Willis Road in CR is shockingly more expensive. Is it ethanol free? It’s a convenient stop I suppose.

I’m going to be topped right up before leaving the interior and just fill my gas cans on the island. Hopefully save a few bucks.

Co-op in Chemainus is an easy in/out when pulling a trailer and marked was $132.9. Its mid-grade with no ethanol.

Any idea where u can find ethanol-free mid grade marked in west kelowna?
No, but I got some 91 octane ethanol free marine gas at the Mohawk in Lake Country last night. $1.359, but may be a bit less with reg. down two cents today.

They must make a killing on marked gas. Usually same or more expensive then regular gas, and they get to pocket the road tax.

They must make a killing on marked gas. Usually same or more expensive then regular gas, and they get to pocket the road tax.

I don't know what the margins or taxes are, but the marked is 14 cents less than midgrade road gas at the same station I was at.

Gas n Go in Comox marked is always 2cents below regular - as someone else mentioned that is WAY less a "discount" than the road tax. The marina price is usually 20 cents above that!!

Folks...you’ve got to look at the price differential between marked and mid grade at the pump, not regular. As tubber noted above the true price differential on the same grade of gas is 14 cents not 2 cents.

Back