Marine Radio

sir-vivor

Whats up with this now.
Radio was working find but now when I turn it on , I can faintly hear the music in one of the speakers and nothing in the other, when I switch the balance from side to side , only one speaker works very faintly. I figure I got I crossed wire so I took the speakers apart and they are not. Oh this radios in my boat.
Any suggestions , why its now not working ???
Thanks

Whats up with this now.
Radio was working find but now when I turn it on , I can faintly hear the music in one of the speakers and nothing in the other, when I switch the balance from side to side , only one speaker works very faintly. I figure I got I crossed wire so I took the speakers apart and they are not. Oh this radios in my boat.
Any suggestions , why its now not working ???
Thanks
I would start with cleaning up the speaker wire connections

Done but nothing
If the volume control is a rotary knob try pulling it off and spraying contact cleaner on the actual control. Dirt and debris can collect on it and interrupt the connection. You can usually tell this is about to happen because it will crackle and pop when you go to adjust the volume, and eventually fail altogether.

If the volume control is a rotary knob try pulling it off and spraying contact cleaner on the actual control. Dirt and debris can collect on it and interrupt the connection. You can usually tell this is about to happen because it will crackle and pop when you go to adjust the volume, and eventually fail altogether.
Thanks RR will give it a try

I’d try another radio or anything that will output to speakers so you can rule out the speakers being the problem or not. Could try directly connecting them to see if it works if so then try from the radio end to know if it’s the wires if all is good you know it’s the radio.

Back