• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
That's some nice looking stuff Storm Trooper. I enjoy tying walleye spinners to the point that I create them faster than I can use them. I also pour most of my own jig heads from large Ling/Halibut jig heads to smaller walleye jig heads.

I'm curious if anyone has ventured into using a 3D printer for making their own plugs? Seems like a world of possibilities there.

A 3D printe would work for making your own plugs. We have a few lures made by Old Goat Lures that are made on a 3D printer and they work amazing.

We made wiggle corkies to catch kokanee last year and they worked amazing. Use a Macks Lure wiggle bill and a corky. place a bead between the bill and corky to prevent the bill from wrecking the corky. I also use a bead between the hook and corky.
I had a few pictures, but they are on my old computer and it's at the computer shop right now. Here's a link to using wiggle corkies.

I have nothing to add really; growing up we fished homemade lures like this one:

dz8GwQH_d.jpg

And there's another blank around twice that size.

Mainly I just wanted to say how many cool posts this thread has. Some of you guys are true artists.

They're just lead poured into a mould my dad carved and then had cast at a foundry with a friend of his back around 1970. The moulds have a pair of locator pins around which I'd wrap a stainless steel wire to make the end loops. We made maybe a hundred at a time, and then spray painted them white and decorated them with holographic tape and magic markers. Or, when money was good, we had a batch nickel plated.

We used to cast them at the work bench under my back deck when I was a kid, heating up the lead on a Coleman stove. It was the only kind of fishing we ever did: casting and jigging these things from either a 12' springbok or, later, a 15 Hourston.

I'll find one of the larger ones; they were his second design and much more refined. They were better for halibut, mainly just on account of the weight.

I have been making fishing tackle since I was 13. I even played my hand at fly tying, but my younger brother was way better at it than me...as we were always in a competition, I moved into other areas that better suited me and what I could accomplish.

I wanted to start this tread in order to develop a dialog of sorts with other like minded members that really enjoy making and catching fish on their very own creations. Even modifications etc. to existing tackle is cool too. :)

What have you been up to? I will share a few things that I do, and that I have recently been playing with, but by no means is this thread at all about me, so please chime in at any time and share your passion, thoughts, ideas and feedback. :)

serious question - but has any of that silly stuff caught fish before?

A batch of AP spoons I painted up over the last week. Am by no means artsy and were done with some glow paint I found awhile back, spraybomb, and dollar store brushes and paints.
Cant wait for this weather to **** off so I can try em out.

Attachments

• IMG_20190210_190024.jpg
    IMG_20190210_190024.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20190210_190357.jpg
    IMG_20190210_190357.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 37
Back