Lund, BC first time - Help/Advice

UkeeDreamin

Wife and I will be hauling the boat (180 ET Searunner) to the Sunshine Coast next week for four days for some cruising and R&R. See there'll be flood slacks in the a.m. that week so assuming fishing should be half-way decent but never fished the area other than some jigging in Okeover during kayak paddling trips.

Aware of the extensive RCA's in the area and have been told Sarah Point is a good place to start. Would appreciate any tips or advice on tackle, locations, tactics and tips folks would be willing to share.

Cheers!

Ukee

head to lewis channel/teakerne arm, nice place to fish out of the wind, and cassel lake for a swim!! great boating day trip.. beautiful lake less than 1/2 k walk..

I have lots of spots for you. Are you just doing day trips from Lund? Or boat camping?

Ukee D
Sarah Point is a great start. Fish the down current sides of the point, where there is a bit of an eddy.
Olso try so called "Iron Mines" about a mile South of Lund. The water drops straight down off the rock wall, where there are rusty stains on the rocks, to about 300 ft, and can be very good.
I haven`t fished there for years, but I don`t see why it would change.
Lure-washer

Is there a dock at cassel lake?

small one ten years ago... when it was occupied we would drop everyone and then anchor, dad would let me be the one to swim back..

Thanks, fellas! Knew I could count on the great fishing community on this site. Leftcoast, we're staying on the Okeover side so will be moored there, day trips only. Trophywife, that's exactly the sort of thing my wife will be interested in so thank you very much, will definitely check out Teakerne Arm and Cassel Lake one of our days. Lure-washer, thanks for the details for fishing Sarah Pt and iron mines!

Any other tips, tackle, locations, etc still greatly appreciated.

Ukee

All great tips! I recommend heading into toba one day such a great place to explore it's really not far from Okeover. If you do fish the mouth of waddington channel also Hepburn pt and brettell point try them all just change gear until it works but the normal hoochies, spoons, plugs work. Great water color this time of year. Have lunch in Atwood bay at my float.
Another great trip is head over to mansons landing on Cortez island and hike up to Hague lake awesome place and you can also get lunch and a coffee up the rd a little.
Stuart island is a bit of a run maybe an hour but some great fishing up there. Half way to Stuart is a Raza island great ling fishing.
If you fish the iron mines you have to spend some time on the south beach of Savary island awesome place.

Back