Luhr Jensen flash fly's

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by scott craven, Jan 24, 2018.

1. scott craven

scott craven Well-Known Member

Has anyone had success trolling flash fly's for spring/summer Chinook ?

kingblazer84 likes this.
  2. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

from what ive seen Mark Pendlington has done well with them up north way, UV glo and the UV with Pink inlay seem to produce on coyote flashers, Ive had luck with them for bigger rainbows on OK lake but havent put them to enough use on the coast yet.

3. spring fever

spring fever Well-Known Member

I have done pretty well with the ghost I think it's called at Grants reef and off Cliffe point winter harbour. Certainly keep it handy-always worth a spot.

kingblazer84 likes this.
  4. Pippen

Pippen Well-Known Member

Did quite well for me last year for the first time using. They look outstanding in the water, will be giving them a whirl in the next couple weeks for 'this seasons' fish.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    kingblazer84 likes this.
  5. OutdoorsRep

OutdoorsRep Member

Nope they don't work!!! Trust me!!!

IMG_6209.jpg

IMG_0836.jpeg IMG_7053.jpeg

LukeSeawalker and kingblazer84 like this.
  6. fishin_magician

fishin_magician Well-Known Member

Yup. I like them. They're a souped up hoochie. :) I fished them when they first arrived.

I'll fish a Flash Fly over Ace-Hi Fly, Baitrix, Rubber Anchovies, and other "better mousetraps". ;)

coho love 'em, Pinks do....and Hungry Chinooks as well.

7. 63stingray

63stingray Active Member

I tried them for the first time last year and caught Coho and Springs in the Vancouver area !!

8. Trophy

Trophy Active Member

They work but not my “go to”, way down on the list.

9. the fog ducker

the fog ducker Well-Known Member

very successful with them WCVI when other gear was not producing , Purple was deadly in August for big springs , Short leaders

Derby likes this.
  10. Bait&Sea

Bait&Sea Active Member

Yup, Purple Haze and Ghost have both boxed Chinook for us around Vancouver both springtime and winter...

11. Duffer

Duffer Active Member

12. Doubletyee

Doubletyee Member

I used them quite a bit last year with limited success. They do work but defiantly down my list. Had heard good things but was disappointed had to work with them to get fish.

13. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

I found when there on... they are on...when there off ..I take them off... had some good days on them....:D