LS to SS conversion

Lipripper

I have the kicker off the boat I am getting rid of. I picked up a 12ft fg for playing in the lakes. The long shaft is way too long for it.
I know it can be easliy done but one question..... do I need a shorter drive shaft for it or is there an extension on the one in there?

If you buy a kit everything should be included.[8D]

IMG_1445.jpg

you just take the spacer out..... I know on the merc it was a solid shaft not sure about the 80ish ev/johnson.
Before I take it apart wanting to know if I needs me a part fist [8D].
If the answer doesnt pop up ill give Jimmy a call...... or rip it apart

If it's an Evinrude/Johnson give Rod Tipton at Tipton's Outboards a call in Lake Cowichan. If it's got anything to do with OMC, he'll know how to fix, repair or replace it.

Do a search on transom elevators. I had one made for $125.00 for my 14 fg boat and it works great.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!

Originally posted by Lipripper

I have the kicker off the boat I am getting rid of. I picked up a 12ft fg for playing in the lakes. The long shaft is way too long for it.
I know it can be easliy done but one question..... do I need a shorter drive shaft for it or is there an extension on the one in there?

Not quit so easy, you nead a shorter driveshaft, shiftshaft & watertube. Going to cost you big bucks unless you have the stuff laying around. Probably a lot cheaper and easyer to build up the transom.

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Heres a picture of a transom elevator. I made one out of wood to the exact size then had a welder make one up for me.
transomelevator.jpg

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!

quote:Originally posted by Gone Fishen

Originally posted by Lipripper

Not quit so easy, you nead a shorter driveshaft, shiftshaft & watertube. Going to cost you big bucks unless you have the stuff laying around. Probably a lot cheaper and easyer to build up the transom.

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.
Yup that is what I need..... I have a cheap stash of parts.
And Hmmmmm [?]. I could get one of those elevators made up for nuthing... might look into that

Back