Lowrance setup

bentley

I'm in need of some help with settings on my lowrance hook 7,
I upgraded the transducer to a p66,
But I'm lost all n want to set the sonar settings too, things like ping, surface clarity, noise rejection, should it be on auto sensitivity, I have it on deep water troling,
I have tried YouTube etc. But can't seem to find any clear answers,

What kind of settings do people run
Thanks in advance

Bentley

I'm in need of some help with settings on my lowrance hook 7,
I upgraded the transducer to a p66,
But I'm lost all n want to set the sonar settings too, things like ping, surface clarity, noise rejection, should it be on auto sensitivity, I have it on deep water troling,
I have tried YouTube etc. But can't seem to find any clear answers,

What kind of settings do people run
Thanks in advance

Bentley
This might be a good starting point:
http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/lowrance-elite-5-tips.62940/

Heres what works for me and the way I like it
Chart and ping speeds at max, surface clarity on low, noise rejection on low.
depth is set to manual and adjust when required, I run split screens so easy to quickly identify your depth and adjust to the map chart. auto depth seems to lose bottom at times. manual does not.
I also use 1 of three settings for the fishing mode. general use is for 0'-2000' shallow water is for 0'-100- and fresh water mode covers 0-400',
most of the time it says on general use,
make sure you have selected the correct transducer (P66) from the installation menu as well, and dont set you hopes to high on seeing arches, sometimes theyre just small blips on the screen.
Lowrance really over rates the fish arches, I suppose if your fishing flat lake bottoms in 10-20' at anchor you'll see lots of arches, deep water and trolling not so much.
I sure theres lots ive forgotten but that'll get you going

Thanks, I changed a bunch of settings this weekend and it works way better

Back