Lowrance LCX-25c and LGC-2000 Questions

gungadin

Background First

I am presently using a Lowrance HDS 5 gen 1 depth sounder and a Garmin hand held GPS on my boat. I just acquired another depthsounder/GPS combo, a Lowrance LCX-25c. It came with everything, maps, cables, transducer, wiring and a GPS module, a LGC-2000. I hooked everything up according to the manual and it works fine in my driveway, with the exception of the GPS, it took a long time to acquire the satellites and sometimes would lose them. I am sure it is in the LGC-2000 (probably internal connections).

My plan is to continue to use the HDS 5 but use the LCX-25c as just a GPS. So essentially I will have two stand alone units. The Garmin will just be a back up.

Questions

As they no longer make the LGC- 2000, is there a GPS module that is compatible and that can replace it?

The maps (Navionics) show everything for the East Coast, but very little for the West Coast, although all the maps are there, just not the contours etc. Can I install them or will I need a new card.

I'm not expert, but can't you just network the HDS and LCX together and take the position from the HDS built in gps?

how old is the head unit? i have an older Lowrance card ( circa 2008 ) that you could try out. pm me i think you are in CR

Have been away for a while, but research has shown me that a point one will not work. I require a LG 2000, 3000, or 4000. The 2000 had problems that were corrected in the newer ones. They are available from (you guessed it ) China and used on e-bay. If I cannot find one locally I might just take a chance that they are genuine. Money back guarantee it is said.
Thank you Riverboy. I played with the settings on the 25c and lo and behold I found some more maps that cover everywhere I fish including the west coast, Hardy etc. so I am golden there.

I'm not expert, but can't you just network the HDS and LCX together and take the position from the HDS built in gps?
You and me both. And I frankly have no idea on how to network anything :cool: Jeeze I just had my 9 year old grandaughter show me how to cast to a smart TV. LOL

Wait!
You can cast to a smart TV? Did you get any fish?

Have been away for a while, but research has shown me that a point one will not work. I require a LG 2000, 3000, or 4000. The 2000 had problems that were corrected in the newer ones. They are available from (you guessed it ) China and used on e-bay. If I cannot find one locally I might just take a chance that they are genuine. Money back guarantee it is said.
Thank you Riverboy. I played with the settings on the 25c and lo and behold I found some more maps that cover everywhere I fish including the west coast, Hardy etc. so I am golden there.
Email the Lowrance help desk and they will give you a part number for the crossover cable that lets you plug the Point One into the older LCX 25.

Email the Lowrance help desk and they will give you a part number for the crossover cable that lets you plug the Point One into the older LCX 25.
Good idea E-mailed this morning. Will await reply and post same.

After several e-mails with Lowrance it was determined that because I am only using my LCX-25c as a stand alone unit, and not connected to a radar etc., that indeed I can use a POINT 1 antenna (000-11047-001) and the NAC-FRD2FBL (000-0127-05) adapter cable. This appears to be my best option as it is the newest module and readily available. It is a bit of an overkill as the older unit will be unable to utilise all of its functions.

Reactions: GLG
Back