Lowrance Hook 7 with P66

Dclayton

So after many nights researching I am still scratching my head......I would like to upgrade to a 7inch sonar display. I am not concerned with networking, radar and all the bells and whistles that come on the top of the line units. What I would like is a decent 7 in sonar, it doesn't even need to have maps. I see the hook 7 is listed as having 500w of power and so are the hds unit. Does that mean that if both are paired with the same transducer...say an airmar p66 that their sonar pictures would be the same?

So after many nights researching I am still scratching my head......I would like to upgrade to a 7inch sonar display. I am not concerned with networking, radar and all the bells and whistles that come on the top of the line units. What I would like is a decent 7 in sonar, it doesn't even need to have maps. I see the hook 7 is listed as having 500w of power and so are the hds unit. Does that mean that if both are paired with the same transducer...say an airmar p66 that their sonar pictures would be the same?
I cannot speak to whether they are the same but I have 2 hook 7's on my boat paired to a pair of airmar P66's and I am very happy with the performance for the dollar

p66 the gold standard for the chuck ....lol
50 htz looking for bait 200 htz for under the boat and running
hope this helps

Back