Lowrance File Transfer

chris73

Hi all, I sold my HDS 1st Gen unit and bought an HDS 2nd Gen. Before the old went I downloaded files I thought were my waypoints and trails and saved them on a memory card. I ended up with 3 USR and 1 GPX file on the card. I believe I saved them in every format it offered me as I didn't know which one to choose and wanted to make sure I get the data. Now I have tried to import them into my new unit and I could see the files and it said that it "downloaded to master" when I clicked on them to import. But then when I got out of the File Menu and looked into Waypoints and Trails there was nothing new there. What do I need to do to display my old waypoints or to activate them or did I make a mistake when saving from the old? I could contact the buyer and maybe lucky that he still has them on the machine. But what do I need to tell him? Thanks!

Put the SD card into the HDS Gen2 and go to the Files and hit enter. Then go to Memory card and hit enter. You should then get a display of all the files that you saved to the memory card. If memory serves me correctly select the GPX format and hit enter (if GPX does not work then select one of the other ones). You should then get the option to import/copy/close. Make sure you select import and hit enter. This should work.

Exactly what I did. Files don't show up under Waypoints on the HDS Gen2. Where did they go then after it said they are being downloaded to "master"?

Back