Lowrance Elite-5

Zodiac fisher

I recently bought a boat with an older Lowrance Elite-5 sounder/GPS unit. When using the GPS there are no detailed contour lines shown (pic attached) which isn't ideal for my fishing purposes. Depth sounder alone has covered me this far but want to get it sorted. Is this a matter of updating/buying a new card? Please help! Thanks.

Attachments

• 20200324_130552.jpg
    20200324_130552.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 50
I recently bought a boat with an older Lowrance Elite-5 sounder/GPS unit. When using the GPS there are no detailed contour lines shown (pic attached) which isn't ideal for my fishing purposes. Depth sounder alone has covered me this far but want to get it sorted. Is this a matter of updating/buying a new card? Please help! Thanks.
Try zooming in.

look under the flap that says Elite 5 to make sure there is a map chip. Pull it out and see if there is any dreaded green electrical decay. If everything looks ok, watch this.

look under the flap that says Elite 5 to make sure there is a map chip. Pull it out and see if there is any dreaded green electrical decay. If everything looks ok, watch this.

Thanks for your help. There is a unlabelled micro SD card in there. No green. Pics attached. Followed the video and set it to "navionics coastal", was on Lowrance, but no change.

Attachments

• 20200324_133542.jpg
    20200324_133542.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200324_133513.jpg
    20200324_133513.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200324_133021.jpg
    20200324_133021.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 21
double check in your charts tab to ensure you are on the detailed charts verses the preinstalled base map...

All sorted, thanks guys! Took a bit of playing around but between running a software update and changing to "navonics coastal canada" the contours showed up. Much appreciated.

I have this unit. if you follow the set up info provided on this site by Harbour Chandler you will get a much better result. or google best set up for elite 5 and it will show a link to this site.

Any trails and waypoints from the previous owner? They could be worth further investigation.

zf, what are the specifics of the software update?
I have an Elite 5 as well, but have never followed through on that.

Any trails and waypoints from the previous owner? They could be worth further investigation.

zf, what are the specifics of the software update?
I have an Elite 5 as well, but have never followed through on that.

Previous owner wasn't a fisherman so waypoints/trails are unfortunately not helpful haha.

Re software update basically put your micro SD card in the SD card, into your laptop, go to the lowrance website, software update section, find the elite 5 unit and follow the steps...

thanks, I think I bought an SD card adapter to fit the micro once. I guess I have time to look for it.

Back