Lowrance electronics install help

dmurph

C74ABA42-DEF3-4EE3-8E8C-FE4B23C44A02.jpeg Installing new electronics in the boat, does this diagram look correct for connections?

I believe the Carbon 7 gets connected. to the backbone not the Carbon 12. I would call Harbour Chandler to confirm though

Best is to get someone who knows how to do and has done many ,Glen Varney Coastal run services does LOTS of these and boat wiring last thing you want to do is hook something up wrong guessing. hes a very good friend of mine and does excellent work , and one of the last good honest guys out there highly recommend him...
https://www.facebook.com/Coastal-Run-Services-502477046501778/
Good luck

depends on the purpose of the carbon 7, your diagram will work. are you going to run 2 transducers?

Yes, I agree that will work, presuming that your picture indicates that is three drop tee's in a row, with a terminating resistor on each end.

As your Carbon 7 is not on the NMEA network, some data will not be shared (your point-1) Here is a link which contains a chart of what is shared over NMEA, and what is shared over Ethernet.

lowranceprostaff.dk/download/lowrance_hds/HDSSystemOverview.pdf

Thanks guys, looks like I have it right, except that I will need to run the carbon 7 into the NMEA 2000 also for the point 1 data.

Lowrance documentation shows 2 ethernet ports on the spec sheet for HDS12 Carbon, however in the owners manual it mentions you have 'an ethernet port'. If you are short on ethernet ports you will need an ethernet hub. Take a look at the back of your Carbon to see how many ports you have.

Lowrance documentation shows 2 ethernet ports on the spec sheet for HDS12 Carbon, however in the owners manual it mentions you have 'an ethernet port'. If you are short on ethernet ports you will need an ethernet hub. Take a look at the back of your Carbon to see how many ports you have.

The carbon 12 has 2 do one for radar and one to network to the carbon 7

Best is to get someone who knows how to do and has done many ,Glen Varney Coastal run services does LOTS of these and boat wiring last thing you want to do is hook something up wrong guessing. hes a very good friend of mine and does excellent work , and one of the last good honest guys out there highly recommend him...
https://www.facebook.com/Coastal-Run-Services-502477046501778/
Good luck

Checked out his page, some nice looking stuff there, obviously top notch work

Looks like I will need to connect into backbone for the point 1 data to be shared

You should connect N2K and ethernet to each MFD and then you're gold. Everything will be shared.

Your 12 will be your master and the 7 will be the slave. That way when the 7 is not in use (stored and your cruising, not fishing) all the data will remain on the system.

If you set your 7 as a master that would be an error as it won't always be in the system and active.

DO NOT FORGET to connect the yellow power wire for the 3G to be 'woken up' when the MFD turns on.

Thanks, does this just getting paired with the red positive
You can also have the radar sent to a switch so that it isn’t drawing any power when not in use. That is the recommended installation method. I did not do it as recommended and it worked fine, I just made sure to switch my batteries off when I left.

Back