lowrance combo

JDR

Got a 339 lowrance combo with internal antenae, keep loseing gps signal, is mounted under wind sheild, clear veiw of the sky any ideas? Thanks JDR

Seriously-- save yourself a lot of frustration and get rid of it. Its a Lowraance, and thats what they excel at........[V]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Seriously-- save yourself a lot of frustration and get rid of it. Its a Lowraance, and thats what they excel at........[V]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Where is your GPS antenna? If it is not installed outside the cabin this may be a factor. Or you may need to:
1) check the GPS antenna and possibly replace it
2) check the wiring for good/clean connections and continuous 12 volt power
3) check to see if you have all the latest software updates on your display unit.

Long live wild salmon!!!
><))))>

Where is your GPS antenna? If it is not installed outside the cabin this may be a factor. Or you may need to:
1) check the GPS antenna and possibly replace it
2) check the wiring for good/clean connections and continuous 12 volt power
3) check to see if you have all the latest software updates on your display unit.

Long live wild salmon!!!
><))))>

I think he has the Internal Antenna model. I have a 337 and it will at times work fine and other times go "Position Lost". Some times I can attribute it to terrain, but it just seems like they are bad units period. They should be designed to work in a marine enviroment, and all this talk about connections, power, etc. is just a smoke screen to cover for a poor unit.

SeaWolf - the original

I think he has the Internal Antenna model. I have a 337 and it will at times work fine and other times go "Position Lost". Some times I can attribute it to terrain, but it just seems like they are bad units period. They should be designed to work in a marine enviroment, and all this talk about connections, power, etc. is just a smoke screen to cover for a poor unit.

SeaWolf - the original

Seawolf ur rite, internal antennae, sounder works great but the gps side sucks. position lost comes up way too often. Going to install my standard horizon which works great, and just use the sounder on the lowrance, can't find any info on the net about this prob.,,Thanks all for your input JDR

Seawolf ur rite, internal antennae, sounder works great but the gps side sucks. position lost comes up way too often. Going to install my standard horizon which works great, and just use the sounder on the lowrance, can't find any info on the net about this prob.,,Thanks all for your input JDR

Seriously?? You cant find anything on the net about Lowrance GPS problems????? Time to start using Google!!!!!!

Just type in Lowrance GPS Not Responding problem and get prepared for hours of reading.............

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

Time to start using "Garmin" :D
If you want to know where "you" are, I switched to Garmin years ago! No complaints at all!

If you want to know where the "fish" are, Garmin has gotten a lot better over the last few years and really no complaints on my 545s, but there are others out there! :D

It aint the Lowrance, it is the low voltage or variable voltage in your boat that is the problem.

Searun

th_067.jpg

BS on the voltage. All of us some with newer boats, having problems. The units should be designed to operate in a marine enviroment. I don't see Standard Horizon, Garmin, or Raymarine threads complaining or suggesting VOLTAGE problems. Just POS Lowrance.

SeaWolf - the original

Maybe it just has to be proven. Lazoman you can start by showing me the fix.:) For some reason I am always getting lost. Oh but then I am found. Thank god or I would not ever of been able to find my way back from Kitty.

I had a 337c on my last boat never had a problem, although it was an external antennae. I would have a look when you do have a signal how many satellites you are receiving,If you are only picking up a few and your signal strength is low, might just be a poor design on lowrances part.

quote:It aint the Lowrance, it is the low voltage or variable voltage in your boat that is the problem

Got to call you on that one Pat. I have had to replace two external antennas, one puck extension cable, and bypass the "tee". In addition I have had a qualified marine electronic technician go over my electrical system, not once, but twice!
Navico in Ontario could not find anything wrong either... but they did send me a new cable that allowed me to ignore the tee connector.

The unit is crap----

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back