Lower Mainland Suzuki/Yamaha Dealers

Bill 310

Crew Member
Good morning,

I am looking for reccomendations on lower mainland Suzuki / Yamaha Dealers.

Service quality and workmanship are key. I am asking becasue as a long time motorcycle rider and back east cottager who dealth with various marinas I have learned that the sales and service departments seem to operate independent of each other with each offering different experiences.

Many thanks.

Good morning,

I am looking for reccomendations on lower mainland Suzuki / Yamaha Dealers.

Service quality and workmanship are key. I am asking becasue as a long time motorcycle rider and back east cottager who dealth with various marinas I have learned that the sales and service departments seem to operate independent of each other with each offering different experiences.

Many thanks.
Nothing but good things to say about GA Checkpoint.

I've used GA for parts all good for me. Bought from Galleon which was fine but never used them for service. Unless you're fine dragging your boat around town you may want to narrow down your search. Crossing town with a boat behind you in our traffic blows.

My neighbor just put new yammies on his Grady has dealt with Checkpoint with his last 2 boats but for whatever reason even though he was a repeat customer for years they refused to price match with a place on the island. I can get that info if you would like.

Mike at Northwest Yamaha in North Vancouver is very knowledgeable. I've had limited luck with Suzuki dealerships, but Northshore Marine at Lions Gate Marina was able to find me a part.

It’s a crap shoot, I’m looking for a 25 Yamaha right now, ga and galleon are high priced found one here in the lower mainland and one on the island the one on the island wouldn’t match the one here and the one here are closed for two weeks . Galleon I would never deal with them ( bad experience) went there to buy a boat 20 years ago the salesman was sitting in his office feet up on desk, nice girl at the desk went to ask him to help us,24 year old kids, he told her to say he was to busy to help us we over heard him. So I left there went right to a bayliner dealer and bought a trophy instead. I only wish is that it was right across the street

Mike at Northwest Yamaha in North Vancouver is very knowledgeable. I've had limited luck with Suzuki dealerships, but Northshore Marine at Lions Gate Marina was able to find me a part.
They are a dealer (north shore marine) and can get anything you need, the owner is a north van guy and used to be Vancouver outboards if I’m not mistaken. Had my 150 installed on the island at SG and deal with them for any service items. I live near by and he has even offered to drop stuff off on his way home... doesn’t get much better than that imo!

Last edited:
If you don’t mind a short drive up the Sea to Sky highway, Howe Sound Marine at Lions Bay is a a Yamaha dealer. I have nothing but good things to say about Keith when it comes to sales and service.

Brant marine in Ladner. For Suzuki s outboards

I spoke to them on the phone , he said might have 2 150's unsold and he would check . I wrote him to follow as I wanted to buy them no answer.

I mentioned when I was on the phone I wanted to buy local (I live in the lower mainland) The gentleman told me if I bought my motors on the island they would refuse to do any warranty service and send me away.

They do have some NOS unsold motors if anyone is interested .

I spoke to them on the phone , he said might have 2 150's unsold and he would check . I wrote him to follow as I wanted to buy them no answer.

I mentioned when I was on the phone I wanted to buy local (I live in the lower mainland) The gentleman told me if I bought my motors on the island they would refuse to do any warranty service and send me away.

They do have some NOS unsold motors if anyone is interested .
Lol, 5 years ago he had 2x mismatch 150 NOS I almost bought, one was 2011 the other was 2013, he was giving me a good deal on them, but I went a different route.

I found Brant Marine a little strange to deal with. I had a 115 Zuke 2006. Spent over $3000 in two visits and they still couldn't pin down the problem. Went to Maple Marine for a repower, 140H Zuke. When I took the cowling off the old motor the mechanic diagnosed the problem in about 45 sec. Cost to repair was not worth the motor so I repowered. Still going thru break-in and thanks to the closures it won't get broken in until probably mid September at this rate.

Bought my Yamaha 225 from Port Boat House - great deal!

Had it rigged by Alex Geant/Moonlight Marine at Shelter Island.

But I'm in Squamish so have it serviced at How Sound Marine out of Lions Bay. All of that crew was great to deal with. Fair, honest, no ego.

Back