Lots of good stuff on this forum...

Mike1266

So time to de-winterize the boat is just around the corner, and I'm really itching to get out there. Had some time on my hands and thought I would go through past postings on this forum, starting from the very first one posted. I'm about a week in, around an hr or two of reading a day, and I'm about 1/6 of the way through.

I've got to say with the search function not always working properly, it is pretty hard to get some good info at times and for certain locations. Reading the past postings starting from 2004 made me realize how much valuable information is in this forum. I've learned a lot of techniques, fishing spots, and also came across some hilarious posts and arguments from the past. All in all, a good read and heaps of information available if you put in the time.

It was also really cool to see what people were "predicting" for the future fisheries 10+ years ago, some were true and some were not. Anyways, just putting it out there. If you're a newer fisherman in this area, reading past posts on this forum can help out a lot. :)

P.S. The amount of complaints about DFO doesn't seem to have changed one bit from 16 years ago and now!! :D:D

Back