Looking right now, would you think Gabe would be any fun tomorrow?

Rain City

Crew Member
I'm on the fence. I'm not worried about the crossing more just the enjoyment of the fishing. I'll be trying to jig reefs for Lings so getting into 10-15 makes it ******. The reports are all over the map and yes I've checked all the regular sites. What would you do?

I dont think it would be any fun crossing. Still blowing and capping. But fishing and beer is always good so there is that. Might get blown around a bit while jigging which gets annoying.

The only trips you regret doing are the ones you don’t make.;)

If it’s blowing past your comfort level you can go to plan B and try for ling closer to home.

The only trips you regret doing are the ones you don’t make.;)

If it’s blowing past your comfort level you can go to plan B and try for ling closer to home.
There is no closer to home for lings! LOL

Time for a new postal code or a bigger boat. :D

I just checked the regs in your area. :(
I'd honestly rather have a smaller boat for jigging in wind. Way easier to control the bloody thing than my sail of a house. The 15HP can't keep up backing down if I'm fighting anything over 10MPH.

Again... I rather enjoy a bumpy ride across in this boat. That's not the issue.

Earlier this week I was out on the water and it was a bit bumpy... Started to head out to cross the straight and 5 mins into the crossing I turned back as I had a gut feeling it was going to blow up in the afternoon and make for a crappy ride back. Turned out it went the opposite of what the damn forecast had called for the afternoon. Instead of blowing up it calmed down and I was left regretting the decison. Perhaps wait till the 4am forecast update and make your mind then.

I bet today would be alright sometimes the forecast is off 10-15 isn't too bad. but get back in before the evening.

Curious too. Was going to head out after work this afternoon. It’s blowing 15 at entrances right now.

Back