Looking right now, would you think Gabe would be any fun tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by Rain City, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

I'm on the fence. I'm not worried about the crossing more just the enjoyment of the fishing. I'll be trying to jig reefs for Lings so getting into 10-15 makes it shitty. The reports are all over the map and yes I've checked all the regular sites. What would you do?

2. 32Knots

32Knots Active Member

I dont think it would be any fun crossing. Still blowing and capping. But fishing and beer is always good so there is that. Might get blown around a bit while jigging which gets annoying.

3. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

I can guarantee if I don't go it'll lay down all day lol.

saltydawg and trophywife like this.
  4. Instigator

Instigator New Member

The only trips you regret doing are the ones you don’t make.;)

If it’s blowing past your comfort level you can go to plan B and try for ling closer to home.

Rain City likes this.
  5. ab1752

ab1752 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a perfect storm brewing that ends with "sorry honey I gotta stay the night at pages...again"...I vote do it.

trophywife and Rain City like this.
  6. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

There is no closer to home for lings! LOL

BCRingo likes this.
  7. BCRingo

BCRingo Crew Member

Youtube!

8. Instigator

Instigator New Member

Time for a new postal code or a bigger boat. :D

I just checked the regs in your area. :(

9. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

I'd honestly rather have a smaller boat for jigging in wind. Way easier to control the bloody thing than my sail of a house. The 15HP can't keep up backing down if I'm fighting anything over 10MPH.

Again... I rather enjoy a bumpy ride across in this boat. That's not the issue.

10. hippaisland

hippaisland Well-Known Member

Send it

walleyes likes this.
  11. the butcher

the butcher Well-Known Member

Earlier this week I was out on the water and it was a bit bumpy... Started to head out to cross the straight and 5 mins into the crossing I turned back as I had a gut feeling it was going to blow up in the afternoon and make for a crappy ride back. Turned out it went the opposite of what the damn forecast had called for the afternoon. Instead of blowing up it calmed down and I was left regretting the decison. Perhaps wait till the 4am forecast update and make your mind then.

12. prodjsaig

prodjsaig Active Member

I bet today would be alright sometimes the forecast is off 10-15 isn't too bad. but get back in before the evening.

13. Pineapple Express

Pineapple Express Well-Known Member

Calm at Tsawwassen right now...blowing from the east 5-10 knots

14. BCRingo

BCRingo Crew Member

Did you go?

15. Cabezon1

Cabezon1 Active Member

Curious too. Was going to head out after work this afternoon. It’s blowing 15 at entrances right now.

16. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

Yeah just for a quick rip this morning. Couple dead fish. It was blowing steady but no big seas. Good day.

Instigator and BCRingo like this.
  17. BCRingo

BCRingo Crew Member

Thanks man. I’m going on Saturday. Did you try prawning too?

18. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

No I'm done for the season around here. Might drag a trap up to desolation in July.

19. sweettjim

sweettjim Active Member

get some coho? I got into some coho yesterday off thrasher four wild one hatchery at 45 feet white hootchie short leader 32 inches

Pineapple Express likes this.
  20. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

Nice man! No I didn't just the ugly ones.