looking into Windlass options

Wooly

Hey folks,

My parents are getting older and I guess i'm getting lazy. Ive ran the bouy system for years but thinking its time to switch. I anchor a couple times a trip from 150 to 250 ft. I have no experience with windless winches what so ever but almost always anchor for halli. I tried to do a search on here but didn't find much. Does anyone have any advice? I have a 24ft aluminum pilot house. Looking for a good system that is made for the fisherman. i have heard the Lewmar Pro fish 700 is good? Can i expect this to work well for my boat or are windlasses junk? any advice, tips, and unit info would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe I'm crazy making the switch? Just need something that will be easier on my folks. Needs to be reliable though!

Cheers,

wooly

I have a Pro Fish 700 on my 24ft Grady White, it works exactly like it should, I press a button and it it free falls down, I press a button and it goes up.
I would recommend it, a good friend just bought one the other day for his boat. Make sure you buy the proper rode and chain with it or it wont work as well.
I cant remember what you needed, 8ply rings a bell

I also have a Pro Fish 700 on my 26'. Like MM says. Push the button and it free falls, press the button and comes up. Works good. Just make sure if are doing the install to use proper size cable for the run you have. To and from the battery and windlass.

Back