Looking for Peetz Reels and Boxes....

Jason Clark

Looking for old Peetz Reels and the Original Boxes they came in.
Condition isn't important, Wooden/Brass or Stainless Reels.
I travel up and down the Island on a weekly basis and also over to the Mainland.
All the Reels and Boxes I purchase are for my personal use only and I never re-sell anything.
Please text or call me at 778-674-0765 rather than leaving messages here on the Board.
Thanks...............

Attachments

• Any Size Peetz Reel in the Box.jpg
    Any Size Peetz Reel in the Box.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 76682598_2796476720364711_5644410226145755136_n.jpg
    76682598_2796476720364711_5644410226145755136_n.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Brass Peetz Reel.jpg
    Brass Peetz Reel.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Any Peetz Reel Boxes with or without Reels.jpg
    Any Peetz Reel Boxes with or without Reels.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Stainless Peetz Reel.jpg
    Stainless Peetz Reel.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 57
Check out big valley auctions in aldergrove. Just saw 2 of them last week. Auctions are on Tuesday and Wednesday, and you can online bid. Can usually get some great deals. Just got to put in the time and be patient.

I have posted this before. Perhaps even in this forum, I can't recall.

If you ever encounter an old Peetz, probably 70's, not sure exactly, with "Gerry" carved into it, I beg you to sell it to me.

My dad passed away about 8 years ago now, and when he died we had a lot of his **** to deal with. One big mistake I made was I sold ALL his fishing gear for cheap at a garage sale. In the moment, I didnt care, I just wanted things handled. But then quickly grew to regret it. I grew up learning to fish on that reel of his, and would love to have it back to stick on my wall or something. One of a handfull of his things that I should have kept.

What’s a reel worth these days?
condition condition condition....$50 for the plain Jane 6'' mahogs in good shape , there's a million of em out there but I think Jason has half of them now LOL ! impressive Canadian made collection for sure , some of the other older fancy ones can bring a fair bit more....

I have posted this before. Perhaps even in this forum, I can't recall.

If you ever encounter an old Peetz, probably 70's, not sure exactly, with "Gerry" carved into it, I beg you to sell it to me.

My dad passed away about 8 years ago now, and when he died we had a lot of his **** to deal with. One big mistake I made was I sold ALL his fishing gear for cheap at a garage sale. In the moment, I didnt care, I just wanted things handled. But then quickly grew to regret it. I grew up learning to fish on that reel of his, and would love to have it back to stick on my wall or something. One of a handfull of his things that I should have kept.
Hello,
I will keep my eyes open for this Reel and if I ever come across it I will contact you forsure.
I totally understand the meaning and attachment you have to this Reel.
My Grandfather and Dad both fished with Peetz Reels and I also learned on them.
This was the main reason I started collecting them in the first place.
Just wondering if you remember what size the Reel was and where was the Garage Sale?

condition condition condition....$50 for the plain Jane 6'' mahogs in good shape , there's a million of em out there but I think Jason has half of them now LOL ! impressive Canadian made collection for sure , some of the other older fancy ones can bring a fair bit more....
Very correct, its all about condition.
There were allot of Peetz Reels made throughout the years in all sizes, more than anyone probably realizes.
I think your right, about $50 is a fair price.
I don't think I have about half of them but I'm getting close...............HAHAHAHAHA!!!
As always if you come across any please keep me in mind, especially the older ones or reels with original boxes.
Thanks again and "Tight Lines" everyone.

Hello,
I will keep my eyes open for this Reel and if I ever come across it I will contact you forsure.
I totally understand the meaning and attachment you have to this Reel.
My Grandfather and Dad both fished with Peetz Reels and I also learned on them.
This was the main reason I started collecting them in the first place.
Just wondering if you remember what size the Reel was and where was the Garage Sale?

It was sold in Courtenay in Spring of 2015. I believe it was a 6" but honestly, that is a guess based on memory. Its been a while. It is a long shot that it will turn up, but saw your thread and figured I would chime in - never know.

I know it was originally sold to my dads landlord, but not only do I have zero clue what his name was, I happened to hear he also passed away a couple years later, so zero clue what could have come of it after that. Perhaps it found its way into the hands of someone who haunts this forum. Possible - never know :)

It was sold in Courtenay in Spring of 2015. I believe it was a 6" but honestly, that is a guess based on memory. Its been a while. It is a long shot that it will turn up, but saw your thread and figured I would chime in - never know.

I know it was originally sold to my dads landlord, but not only do I have zero clue what his name was, I happened to hear he also passed away a couple years later, so zero clue what could have come of it after that. Perhaps it found its way into the hands of someone who haunts this forum. Possible - never know :)
I will keep my eyes open, it gives me something else to search for....

Hey Jason, there's a guy on Facebook marketplace selling 5 Peetz reels, I think he is in the Coquitlam area.

Back