Looking for help deciding how to setup 26’ Heritage.

The white boat above has high rails for better walk-around access; but it looks to be 30+ feet.
You need to decide if this will be a day boat or a multi-day cruiser - a bit on the small side for the latter.
With O/B power you lose easy hot water making & high amp alternators - many of the new diesels have 200 amp alternators.
For a multi-day cruiser, you need a large house battery system, inverter, and diesel boiler for heat/hot water.
Blue Sea has really nice custom D/C panels.
I would size the power so that there are twin engines that can troll on one.
Below deck fish boxes are nice - wash down system.

Don’t do a coloured hull leave it white and don’t do blue canvas that’s old school ( those that have it don’t be offended ) Go black canvas, seats can be blue trimmed if your hard on for blue but not the canvas. Black canvas with a Verado hanging off the back.
yes white hull with maybe a charcoal or grey 6 to 8" stripe just below the rub rail. Have seen quite a few boats like that and they look sharp.
dark colour hulls look great in the show room and then they don't. Chips, scratches, water marks, rub marks from fenders, even hook scratches from netting a fish. White gelcoat is much easier to repair as well.
11928051-0-77348341.jpg

Have you spent time on an IR before? I'd offer mine up for some future concession haha...PM me.
Hi. We are launching our intro website next month and I’m very interested in you 26’ IR. I would also be interested in any decent pics you have to guide our design team with options and graphics. We plan to build a 20’ and a 26’ in April. Future consideration is on the table. Our Demo boats will likely be sold before we start but we hope to use them for our photo shoot.
please feel free to pm me I’m happy to send you my contact info. Thx

500 hp on the 26.....thats going to be sporty. Twin 200 merc v6s or a single 350 verado....I think yamaha has lost touch with the consumer...their 425 is one fat pig. A single 450 mercury v8 would be crazy cool as well.

Hi. We are going to build a 26’ from the old Hourston molds and are debating all of the options. Looking for your ideas!! I’m pushing for a hardtop cuddy with glass roof or even a half tower with controls. a pod with twin 250 Yamahas and 25hp kicker. Blue hull , canvas and upholstery. option#2 is the classic island runner look single 425 on the pod. Black with red striping a canvas top.
What is happening with the smaller 14'5 - 18' hulls?

Hi. We are going to build a 26’ from the old Hourston molds and are debating all of the options. Looking for your ideas!! I’m pushing for a hardtop cuddy with glass roof or even a half tower with controls. a pod with twin 250 Yamahas and 25hp kicker. Blue hull , canvas and upholstery. option#2 is the classic island runner look single 425 on the pod. Black with red striping a canvas top.
I like your idea for a hard top cuddy with a glass roof. If its for fishing, keep the fishing deck large, something like the old Hourston 26 Sportfisher model.

I agree about good visibility and pay attention to headroom inside cabin.I couldn't believe that Monaro built their new 23 with low headroom,I'm 6Ft.2" and I couldn't stand up under it,what were they thinking,a deal killer for sure.

I second the call for more headroom. We are ending with a custom build because at my height 6'3 1/2" before I put on a pair of deck boots most boats are a no go. I really don't want to spend my time on my boat as a hunch neck hitting my head.

The advantage to more headroom is larger windows and a brighter interior. I am aware that the wind profile of the boat will need to be factored in.

If you are going with an enclosed head, or any head design please consider taking suggestions from and running your final design by women. Wives and Partners are as I am sure you know key decison makers in major family purchases. If the Head has design features or lack of features that "annoy" wives your sales will be affected as the Head veto clause will be invoked.

I am looking forward to seeing your new boats at next year's Vancouver Boat Show. Good Luck !

I second the call for more headroom. We are ending with a custom build because at my height 6'3 1/2" before I put on a pair of deck boots most boats are a no go. I really don't want to spend my time on my boat as a hunch neck hitting my head.

The advantage to more headroom is larger windows and a brighter interior. I am aware that the wind profile of the boat will need to be factored in.

If you are going with an enclosed head, or any head design please consider taking suggestions from and running your final design by women. Wives and Partners are as I am sure you know key decison makers in major family purchases. If the Head has design features or lack of features that "annoy" wives your sales will be affected as the Head veto clause will be invoked.

I am looking forward to seeing your new boats at next year's Vancouver Boat Show. Good Luck !
This guy gets it.

Back