Looking For a Good Restoration Shop For 67 Ford Fairlane

Rain City

Crew Member
Hey guys maybe not the best forum to ask this question but hell, if the guy doesn't fish I don't want him touching the car. This is my dad's car that he's owned since the early 70s. He's had it parked in his carport for the past 20 years and now that he's retired he wants to have it fully restored. He'd like a full package shop that can handle (manage) everything from transmission to paint. It's a 67 Ford Fairlane 500 convertible. Appreciate any help you can offer.

Car restos are very expensive. what is your budget?

Plum Crazy Restorations does great work and is worth a look.

I own several collector cars and know many who have very good things to say about them and have seen great photo documentations and finished products from their workmanship.

FYI, body and paint are VERY expensive now...rust removal is a killer.

FYI, there are a car couple for sale locally of similar year and no sale at their asking price. If he’s restoring this car, he’s doing it for him and not the next guy. The more he spends the less he’s going to drive it. Remember that too.

I vote to polish it up (hire a good, experienced detailer), get it super reliably road ready and drive the sucker...

PS, PICS!

Car restos are very expensive. what is your budget?

Plum Crazy Restorations does great work and is worth a look.

I own several collector cars and know many who have very good things to say about them and have seen great photo documentations and finished products from their workmanship.

FYI, body and paint are VERY expensive now...rust removal is a killer.

FYI, there are a car couple for sale locally of similar year and no sale at their asking price. If he’s restoring this car, he’s doing it for him and not the next guy. The more he spends the less he’s going to drive it. Remember that too.
He's definitely doing it for himself. I had an appraiser look at it a few years back and he estimated it'd be worth at most 40k fully restored. They're not big winners dollar wise but we have many many good memories going to Canadians games with us four kids sitting up on the back with the top down and crowds of people checking it out. So his budget is as close to 40k as possible but he doesn't really care if it ends up being 50k

Tyson, Big Time Motors Maple Ridge. Did my Datsun 510 impeccable work. Check out his webpage.
I was driving my mom's 510 down by Mt. Baker when some mean girls I inadvertently cut off ran me down and cornered me in a cul de sac. Then they threw a rock. Was yours baby blue with a big dent and a puncture in the rear left fender?
Sorry for the sidebar.

I was driving my mom's 510 down by Mt. Baker when some mean girls I inadvertently cut off ran me down and cornered me in a cul de sac. Then they threw a rock. Was yours baby blue with a big dent and a puncture in the rear left fender?
Sorry for the sidebar.
Darker blue. No big debts but rust in the rear. Hasn't been on the road for 20 years.

I had two 67's XL500's both with 289's. Nice car and nice lines. There are some real sweet resto mods online. I would recommend Coachwerks here in Victoria. They specialize in restorations and have done many for Rudi Koniczek who deals in very rare Mercedes Gull wings including the ultra rare aluminum body ones. I go into the shop once a year to do the fire extinguishers in the shop and there are always Austin Healy's, Mercedes, Ferrari's and the like being done ground up. I know they don't work cheap but it sounds like you want it done right and only once.

Here is the pro touring 67 Fairlane I would kill for...it has the stance, the lines, the sound and has been done right!

Here is the pro touring 67 Fairlane I would kill for...it has the stance, the lines, the sound and has been done right!
Gooooooood that's so sweet. It's too bad too because as cool as convertibles are the lines on that are so nice.

Back