LOOKING FOR A 200 -250 HP ENGINE

wolf

Hello guys im looking for a used optimax in this hp preferablly from 2001 to now if any of you know of one please e-mail me very much appreciated.

Thanks Wolf

make sure you read up on them , i was looking at them , then did some serious research. desided no .i talked with lotsa guys that had them as well kinda half an half . that wasn`t good enough 4 me so i desided and went with e-tec

So why do all the whale watching boats and most guide boats use them??????also I have a good mechanic who works on them and thats what he likes the 99,and 00 were bad but like all new motors there will always be growing pains in the first years look at the yammys and the cooling plates corroding. I would like an opti but I am open to others. thanks in advance.

Wolf

optimax must use mercury opimax oil ( synthetic ) at $60 for a 4 ltr jug and can be hard to find in remote places, just my 2 cents

i need synth oil as well but i can get over 100 hours on 4 liters

Ok first off I have found one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
225 opti with less than a 100 hours on it, and I know from first had knowledge from my buddy who is a certified merc maechanic who works for a merc dealer you do NOT have to run that expensive oil I trust what he has told me as he is the one working on them every day!!!!!!
there is 3 types of oil and he recommends the second grade it has all that you need in it.

Thank for everyone that responded Wolf

Maddog I dont think it will smoke up as bad as that old motor you used to have before your new ride!!!!!!!!LOL

Wolf

M&P Mercury in Burnaby and Bridgeview in Delta will both tell you that Optimaxes are wicked.

As for the Evinrude E-Tecs...let's wait and see after 2 to 3 years of HARD use what happens.

Actually...I had a boat with a 150 Merc, not an XR6....and there was an acquaintances boat--same boat...with a 150 Yamaha...I put the boots to him...I could run away and HIDE.

He took his boat to 2 mechanics...propped with the same 21 pitch...still..I had him by 1 mph or better.

I've blown a 150 Yamaha after 600 hours...yet I had a 150 Merc I used to run on a guide boat of mine with 3 seasons on it, probably better than 2000 hours on it...and I'd still run it flat out for about 30 seconds each day to blow it out..and I never blew a powerhead...the lodge mechanic said that Cop and CG RHI's had 4000 on them before they replaced 'em. WOW!

However, Yamaha or Mercs...both GREAT motors...still in the dark about Evinrudes though...esp. the E-Tec.

I'm running low hour 1997 merc 250 EFI's. My merc mechanic reccomended the Shell 2-stroke oil because of considerably less smoke. You can buy it at Canadian Tire.

Back