LOOK WHATS FOR SALE A GRANVILLE ISLAND MARKET....

wolf

60351044_10156006663747307_320577995355979776_n.jpg

I hope everyone write in a letter to minister and send to DFO this crap, this was on facebook all about conservation my butt most of our coast is shut down and last week certain group had a week 5 day opening to net the river. for one im pissed off..... and before I get HATE mail again, this is my opinion so take it for what its worth

A note of caution given how (un)reliable Facebook is with respect to posting Fake News. It would be great if someone on the Forum could actually go to Granville Island and verify that this picture is accurate. It would be kind of embarrassing to write to the Minister on this only to find that the picture was taken last year, for example. I'd do it, but it's a bit of a drive from Courtenay to Granville Island...

I called Longliner Seafoods on Granville Island this morning (Sunday) and asked if they had any fresh Chinook. They said they did but are all sold out, but hope to have more later in the week. lady didn't know where it was coming from though. They may be fishing in Alaska.

Last edited:
The Chinook for sale ad posted by Blue Wolf ARE FRASER RIVER FISH!
I was told this from a reliable source....

"There have been 4 Fraser Chinook sold to Longlliner Seafoods that were mortalities from the DFO Albion Chinook test Fishery. The cost of these fish is particularly high because there are very few chinook landed in the test this early in the year, and the expenses are very high."

4 chinook sold on the open market from casualties at the Albion test fishery???
Frankly I find this to be unbelievable!!!
If they are causalities, how many Chinook causalities per year can we expect, are they reported and are the sold on the open market??
If it is true and necessary to do the test fishery and there are unavoidable causalities, best they give them to the 1st nations for their needs.
To sell them in the open market is inexcusable, unacceptable and not fair to all concerned in my opinion!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
They’re usually being sold at Bruce’s Market. I’d give them a call and ask about the average number of fish by species and time of season.

I personally feel these prized endangered Chinook should be given to FN rather than being sold for prophet by the companies.

FN is apparently going hungry and need their food fish. All the fish from the Albion should be given to FN who will use them.

This is there Main argument right?

7 fish from the Albion so far..Usually first week or 2 of May avg size of fish is 10lbs....with the the Odd lillooet/Birkenhead stock being in the 25-35lb class.

7 small springs do not go very far for selling at Granville island

Last edited:
Good point wb. Giving them to FN elders would go a long way in the pr department, something DFO could use right now.

You guys are jumping to conclusions. These fish came from the Albion test fishery, and are all caught legally. Read the post from Nog...Ryan McEachern is a good guy and reliable source of facts from the gill net sector. Appreciate how this looks to some, but those fish did not come from poachers. We asked the Fraser Guides Association to have members keep a sharp eye out for any illegal nets, and if they spotted them to check by pulling up nets to make sure they are indeed salmon gill nets and to document in detail what they observe and report it immediately. So far there have been no reports to my knowledge. Is it possible there are poachers - yes, but I believe the fish in the FB post are from the Albion Test Fishery.

Back