Longstone - $80.00

Good score RS. They need a little more maintance than most reels, but well worth it. I also turn the clicker off sometimes..

Tournament Proven !

Good on you RS
I think you'll enjoy it.
Now you'll learn what 'palming' is all about, none of that sissy one way drag stuff.
A bit different from the Islanders and Shimanos, but definitely an experience to use.
Enjoy it and let us know how you make out with it.

It was a little scratched up on the back, so i took it apart
painted the back and put it back together and it looks great.
Surprised at how few parts there are to these reels.

Too bad you beat me to it...I'd love another of those.
I've got 2..both 30 years old and still smooth as silk. The handles are notorious for falling off (different metals in the spool and handle stud cause corrosion). Bill Clinton in Nanaimo fixed mine for me last year (actually think he sent them somewhere in Vancouver).

I picked one up second hand as well. The set screw on the drag knob is left hand thread and was stripped on mine. Apparently a common problem. To replace it was 24 bucks so a local dealer told me, instead of paying that I wrote a schmoozy e-mail to Hardy in England telling them how much I love my longstone and they sent me a new screw for free.

My only complaint about the reel is when playing fish and the handles are wet, they can be quite slippery as they are round and smooth. I've heard of guys having the handles replaced with the ones used on Islanders.

But nuthin sings like a Hardy.

Good idea using Islander handles. Never thought of changing them. The Hardy handles are definitely "pegs" in comparison.
All part of the charm.

For parts, Mike's Reel Repair (in Abbotsford?) can usually help.

Great score r.s, I was scoping that one out myself. Mine is in need of a good lube job. I have some Lubriplate and was wondering if that is a suitable lubricant or can you or anyone else recommend something better. Thanks in advance.;) eman

Great score r.s, I was scoping that one out myself. Mine is in need of a good lube job. I have some Lubriplate and was wondering if that is a suitable lubricant or can you or anyone else recommend something better. Thanks in advance.;) eman

Back