long lake?

Long lake is great both by boat and from shore the best side is the far side from the highway. Look on a map lots of trails on the far side. Powerbait works great just off bottom with a slip weight. Try this get a jig head and modify a punkinseed tube head shorten the tenticals and shape the front of the tube where you cut it . Then make it walk on the bottom just like a cray fish just one opinion..
But yes the stocked lake produces some very nice rewards...All hte best of luck Cheers. M.E.

Long lake is great both by boat and from shore the best side is the far side from the highway. Look on a map lots of trails on the far side. Powerbait works great just off bottom with a slip weight. Try this get a jig head and modify a punkinseed tube head shorten the tenticals and shape the front of the tube where you cut it . Then make it walk on the bottom just like a cray fish just one opinion..
But yes the stocked lake produces some very nice rewards...All hte best of luck Cheers. M.E.

What's the depth like on Long lake? Is it just a long channel? What's the bottom like? weedy, muddy or sandy/rocky?
I was thinking of trying there this year.

What's the depth like on Long lake? Is it just a long channel? What's the bottom like? weedy, muddy or sandy/rocky?
I was thinking of trying there this year.

uhhhh its consistantly 20-28 feet deep along the shore about 60-70 feet out but look out of the logs near the shore down at the other end of the lake. the bottom is muddy in some spots when it gets shallow and its a weed bottom near the old folk home and rocky in the middle near the shore.

uhhhh its consistantly 20-28 feet deep along the shore about 60-70 feet out but look out of the logs near the shore down at the other end of the lake. the bottom is muddy in some spots when it gets shallow and its a weed bottom near the old folk home and rocky in the middle near the shore.

Just my opinion there C.C., but I think the deepest spot is off the rope swing at 58 ft. My sounder could a been off though. Some nice bows this time of year off the bottom( in the weeds )..-dirty

Just my opinion there C.C., but I think the deepest spot is off the rope swing at 58 ft. My sounder could a been off though. Some nice bows this time of year off the bottom( in the weeds )..-dirty

YA there or 50-60 away from the rowing club dock, theres its about 60ish feet deep!

YA there or 50-60 away from the rowing club dock, theres its about 60ish feet deep!

Back