Logging Crew Mobilizes Near ‘Irreplaceable’ Wetland

I'm not saying the sky is going to fall, and I'm not really attacking you. I'm mostly just stating facts. Dams are not good for fish in the river systems, especially migratory species. Hopefully this dam has being constructed with the best possible safeguards for the fish left inhabiting the system. Generally when fish and turbines meet when water is discharged fish don't fare too well. Hopefully there's been some effort made to limit the fish being macerated.

Kinebasket Lake was created many years ago in the same region. There is good fishing for large Lake Trout, only one problem the fish aren't recommended for eating. The damming of the river has caused high mercury content in the fish. So, yes it has led to some trophy size lakers, you just can't eat them. This is just starting to be understood scientifically as a major side effect of damming. It affects northern indigenous people the most. Food prices are extremely high in northern Canada, and many rely on hunting and fishing for sustenance. They do not commonly work at high paying jobs and rely on the land to provide a great portion of their diet. When you poison their food sources how are they supposed to survive. Most of the natives in small northern communities don't eat at McDonald's and Wendy's very often.

There are law suits now being brought against hydro dam construction by first nations because of the insidious effects on there food sources.

Last edited:
Just an observation. What is good for the economy of the North isn't necessarily so good for the environment of the North. When all the job creation is over and the jobs have gone away from the dams and pipeline construction the ones left there will have to live with the fallout. Sure it's great to have a booming economy up there with mega projects the flavor of the day. This gold rush of sorts will end exactly like the last one in the Klondike. When all the throngs have packed up and gone elsewhere, when the boom turns to bust the North will be left scared and damaged, maybe permanently.

Mercury in the reservoirs, contaminated ground water from all the fracking, inevitable pipeline spills. I'm thinking when the workers all pack up and leave for the next big pot of gold the Northerners remaining will wish it all never happened. But of course it will be too late by then.

Last edited:
Northerners remaining will wish it all never happened. But of course it will be too late by then.

I believe you'd be incorrect. All these projects and industries have been at it in the north for decades before the SJW's started chirping. After the last bump in NG prices they're welcoming the rebound and increased activity. They welcome it because they understand it, they live it daily, something 98% of the province can't say.

Northerners remaining will wish it all never happened. But of course it will be too late by then.

I believe you'd be incorrect. All these projects and industries have been at it in the north for decades before the SJW's started chirping. After the last bump in NG prices they're welcoming the rebound and increased activity. They welcome it because they understand it, they live it daily, something 98% of the province can't say.
Yes the natural gas exploration has been going on for quite a while in the area, I am aware of that. Yes the money it generates has driven a boom in the north for many years. I'm also sure many of the residents appreciate the influx of money and jobs. However, once the first big pipeline leak or oil tanker spill takes place in the North I think most will have a slightly different opinion. I guess time will tell. Has it been so long that the Exxon Valdez is forgotten by most.

Yes the natural gas exploration has been going on for quite a while in the area, I am aware of that. Yes the money it generates has driven a boom in the north for many years. I'm also sure many of the residents appreciate the influx of money and jobs. However, once the first big pipeline leak or oil tanker spill takes place in the North I think most will have a slightly different opinion. I guess time will tell. Has it been so long that the Exxon Valdez is forgotten by most.

I'd be just as shocked as you if there was an Exxon Valdez accident in the area in question. Also when there's nearly 200 vessels per day within miles of our shores (Transport Canada stat) and you have to dig back to an accident from 30 years ago doesn't that tell you something? Anyways you're kinda all over the map here, seems like you're talking about multiple issues here I though we were talking about Northern BC today not Alaska 30 years ago. I was just thinking about your earlier post about all the jobs being gone when the pipelines are built, you do understand there's still lots of jobs after that right? The big difference between this "gold rush" and the one in your Klondike metaphor is this one has been going for half a century with easily another 100 years worth of gas with current technology. Don't think for a second the money stays in the North either, I have many peers from all over the province and we use service providers from all over the province including engineering firms in Victoria who probably hire guides on this site that hate the industry too. Kayak guides on Quadra and baristas in Victoria can't sustain an economy or give YOU the lifestyle you take for granted, stop biting the hand that feeds already. Imagine where you'd be if the anti's that exist today had the sway they do now 50-100 years ago, you'd be living in a cave wiping your butt with your hand. Actually that kinda went too far, if you're at retirement age now you wouldn't have made it that long with out what the industries you and a bunch of others here are always spracking on about.

That was pretty bad AA, your links are usually more interesting and accurate.

Anybody who has seen Peace River country realizes the river valley itself is relatively narrow, confined by steep slopes with few terraces or benches. Unlike other areas, such as the lower Fraser Valley, there is no wide floodplain or series of terraces to be buried under a reservoir. Building the Site C dam will not create a huge new reservoir, but will simply raise the water level — the river will be deeper, but not much wider. As such, the loss of valley bottom land with agricultural capability is closer to 3,800 hectares, of which only 1,600 hectares has farming potential. I would also point out that little of the land being flooded — less than 400 hectares — was actually being cropped; and that mainly for forage, not food crops. Admittedly, a portion of lost arable land is Class 1 — suitable for market gardens — but this is hardly a major issue in the Peace region with more than 485,000 hectares of Class 1-3 lands. You can debate the economic and social costs of the Site C project in terms of alternative supply and demand for electricity, but arguing against it on basis of major negative environmental impacts is silly. If it was viable, practical and profitable to grow plums and lettuce in the area in question it would already be happening. Is this the end of the Peace river valley and viable farm land, nothing downstream? Of course there is.

So it's gonna be used to supply water and electricity for fracking? That's a ridiculous assertion, does she and I assume you by your posting think fracking happens in one place or are they going to extend the grid to every new well site in NE BC with the appropriate infrastructure size for what is a very short term operation? Lets just for fun say that little bit of silly was true, wouldn't that be a good thing? All the anti's on here when really pushed end up in the same spot saying they aren't against these industries 100% as they rely on them daily, they just want better practices followed. Wouldn't electric fracking be better than current where it's all fossil fuel driven? Seriously does everything have to go to zero, to shut right down to appease?

She's grasping for sure, it was obvious the moment she played her "the Americans are coming to take your water" card. Nothing gets Canadians united and excited like a lil anti-Americanism. At least we can see she supports mining, or maybe all the metals she wears were free range organic sourced from a mine to arm local miners cooperative.

Last edited:
Pipelines have been resulting in more spills than ever recently. That is a matter of record. The technology may be better today but the increase in accidents has been investigated and most were the fault of human error. Your statement about an oil spill from a tanker being highly unlikely is merely wishful thinking in my opinion. Technology may have improved since the Exxon Valdez disaster, but the chances of human error while piloting a vessel are still just as great. Large vessels such as ferries sink quite regularly all over the world if you watch the news. The Queen of the North sinking was a result of human error. To think that oil tankers are going to ply our inside waters daily and never have a mishap is expecting the near impossible in my opinion. Inevitably a mechanical failure, collision with another vessel, or human error will result in a spill. It's simply a matter of the odds being increased dramatically with the expansion of new pipelines and the resulting traffic. If you think the tankers are never going to have an accident in our waters then I guess you're the type that doesn't bother to insure your boat. Cause hey, nothing bad could ever happen, right?

FYI, the Exxon Valdez spill in Alaska in 1989 was a comparatively small spill at only 37,000 tonnes. It ranks way down the list at number 35 for the largest tanker spills. There have been 10 tanker spills since the 1970's over 100,000 tonnes. Four of those ten disasters resulted in over 200,000 tonnes of oil spilled. It is difficult to give exact figures, as sources vary on the numbers (most are only estimates). They actually got off pretty lucky in Alaska considering the volume of oil lost in many much larger tanker spills. We just better pray that never happens here in BC.

Wikipedia lists numerous pipeline spills in Canada, (on a much smaller scale than the tanker spills). According to Wikipedia, from 2003-2015 in Canada the following pipeline accidents have occurred:
  • 2003: A backhoe punctured a pipeline in Etobicoke, Ontario the resulting explosion killed 7 people
  • 2007: A crude oil pipeline owned and operated by Kinder Morgan Energy Partners was ruptured by an excavator digging a storm sewer trench in Burnaby, British Columbia [8]
  • 2009: A July 20 Alberta pipeline explosion & fire involved a TransCanada Corporation natural gas pipeline. The explosion, which sent 50 meter flames into the air, destroyed a two-hectare wooded area. The NEB said the delay in releasing the report was caused by an "administrative error", when an employee left without transferring the file over. The Peace River Mainline pipeline, built in 1968, had ruptured six times and leaked on 17 occasions until 2014. The line ruptured in 2009 due to corrosion.[9]
  • 2009: On 29 September, an Enbridge crude oil pipeline, Line 2, leaked at Mile Post 474.7335, immediately downstream of the Odessa pump station near Odessa, Saskatchewan. The leak occurred at a crack within a shallow dent at the 6 o’clock position on the pipe. There were indications of gouging associated with the dent. The release occurred in a low lying, densely vegetated marsh. Approximately 175 cubic meters of crude oil was released, of which most was recovered. There were no injuries.[10]
  • 2009: A refined product pipeline rupture near Farran's Point, Ontario on Ottawa Lateral, on October 5, from Trans Northern Pipelines Inc. system, unknown petroleum product, unknown quantity. Transportation Safety Board Report Number P09H0086. http://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-reports/pipeline/2009/p09h0086/p09h0086.asp
  • 2010: A refined product pipeline rupture at Bronte Creek in Oakville, Ontario, detected on March 11, from Trans Northern Pipeline Inc. system, estimated 23,770 gallons of gasoline released to creek, soil and ground water. Transportation Safety Board Report Number P10H0021. http://www.tsp.gc.ca/eng/rapports-reports/pipeline/2010/p10h0021/p10h0021.asp
  • 2011: In April, a pipeline break northeast of Peace River, Alberta, leaked 28,000 barrels of crude oil, Some wildlife was killed from the spill. The Energy Resources Conservation Board, an independent government agency that was dissolved in 2013, reprimanded the company, saying it had inadequate leak detection and failed to test its emergency response plan.[11]
  • 2012: In June, almost half a million liters of sour crude oil leaked into a creek that flows into the Red Deer River, located about 100 kilometers north of Calgary, near the community of Sundre.[12]
  • 2012: On June 19, an Enbridge pipeline had a gasket failure, spilling about 1,400 barrels of crude oil, at a pumping station near Elk Point, Alberta.[13]
  • 2013: In June, between 400,000 and 600,000 liters of produced water escaped from a pipeline, in addition to 5,000 liters of oil, near Little Buffalo, Alberta.[14]
  • 2013: On October 17, a 36-inch natural gas pipeline ruptured southwest of Fort McMurray, Alberta. An estimated 16.5 million cubic meters of natural gas were released. The rupture did not result in a fire, there were no injuries and no evacuation was required. A fracture in a pipe elbow was the identified for the reason of the failure.[15]
  • 2014: On January 25, a TransCanada Corporation gas transmission pipeline exploded and burned, causing a natural gas shortage in Manitoba and parts of the United States.[16]
  • 2014: On April 2, a pipeline failed, and spilled 70,000 liters of oil and processed water, northwest of Slave Lake, Alberta.[17]
  • 2014: In November, 60,000 liters of crude oil spilled into muskeg from a failed pipeline, in Red Earth Creek in northern Alberta. Officials were delayed in reaching the scene, due to poor weather at the time.[18]
  • 2015: On March 1, a pipeline leak spilled about 17,000 barrel of condensate, in Northern Alberta.[19]
  • 2015: On May 5, a gas transmission pipeline failed approximately 36 kilometers southeast of Drumheller, Alberta. The incident resulted in an undetermined volume of sweet natural gas and associated hydrocarbon liquid being released onto agricultural land.[20]
  • 2015: On July 15, a pipeline at a Long Lake oil sands facility in northern Alberta leaked about 31,500 barrels of oil emulsion. The spill covered approximately 16,000 square meters (4 acres) but was mostly contained within the pipeline's right of way.[21]
  • 2015: On August 14, a leak from a pipeline spilled about 100,000 liters of an oil, water, & gas emulsion on the Hay Lake First Nation, about 100 kilometers northwest of High Level, Alberta[22]
I know this has gotten somewhat off topic, but I feel it is relevant in regards to the man made dangers to fish and the Northern environment brought up in the original post.

Last edited:
If you think the tankers are never going to have an accident in our waters then I guess you're the type that doesn't bother to insure your boat. Cause hey, nothing bad could ever happen, right?

I thought the post was about NE BC, pretty hard to have a tanker wreck there. You're grasping at issues unrelated to the post to bolster your anti everything stance was the point. What happened after all the incidents you quoted? It was cleaned up as well as possible and life went on. 99.999999% of product stayed where it was supposed to and you have as much product as you want to tow your boat to the ocean and use it freely whenever you want.

I thought the post was about NE BC, pretty hard to have a tanker wreck there. You're grasping at issues unrelated to the post to bolster your anti everything stance was the point. What happened after all the incidents you quoted? It was cleaned up as well as possible and life went on. 99.999999% of product stayed where it was supposed to and you have as much product as you want to tow your boat to the ocean and use it freely whenever you want.
So I suppose having half a million litres of sour crude oil spill into a creek flowing into the the Red Deer River didn't result in a fish die off or the water being undrinkable. The problem with your mentality is the ends always justify the means. As long as someone else's quality of life is impacted its okay. If you lived and fished in an area with mercury contamination, or your water supply was tainted, or your local streams or lakes had the fish all killed off by pollutants then maybe you'd be whistling a different tune. But hey it's someone else that got dealt that lousy card so too bad for him, I'm alright Jack.

Maybe if the "antis" as you call them had gotten there way 50-100 years ago we wouldn't all need high powered fishing boats to find fish in ever further afield locations. Maybe we'd still be fishing out of a small skiff within rowing distance of fantastic fishing on our doorstep with live herring for bait like the old days. Maybe if the "antis" had gotten their way a long time ago the world wouldn't be in danger from deforestation, pollution, global warming, extreme weather, shrinking ozone layers, melting ice caps, species extinctions, etc, etc, etc. Everything has a price my friend, and one day the cheque will come due. Oh ya I forgot, not your problem. Your kids are the ones that will pay the consequences for our total lack of concern about our planets environment, so no worries.

BTW these issues are all interrelated. The pipeline to service the dirty tar sands projects will be going through the NE sector of the province. There would be no added environmental risk to Northern BC if this terminal was not constructed to service the oil tankers to supply "communist" China. Seems pretty funny the same guys denigrating people as left wing communists who oppose something on environmental grounds have no issues trading our oil to a repressive communist regime for cold hard cash.

The new oil terminal in Prince Rupert will be risking our Northern BC coastline to profit China, Alberta and the big oil companies making profits from one of the biggest polluting oil extraction projects on the planet. Once the construction phase is complete BC will see very little benefit from these projects yet we will be bearing all the environmental risk. Hardly a fair trade just to service China's demand for oil and profit the Alberta govt and the big oil companies.

I find it highly unlikely I will be fueling my boat to go fishing with fuel derived from the northern gateway pipeline. I'm sure the majority of the gas consumed in Canada will still be refined on the continent after the pipeline and oil terminals completion. BC accepts all the environmental risk and Alberta and the big oil companies get all the gain. I can hardly even understand how a person from BC could think those projects in the North are in BC's best interest. But what do I know, I'm just an SJW according to you.

Last edited:
OVER 200 LEADING SCHOLARS CALL ON GOVERNMENT TO SUSPEND SITE C DAM

Based on evidence raised across our many disciplines, the undersigned scholars have concluded that there were significant gaps and inadequacies in the regulatory review and environmental assessment process for the Site C Project, a hydroelectric dam on the Peace River currently in the preliminary stages of construction. Our assessment is that this process did not accord with the commitments of both the provincial and federal governments to reconciliation with and legal obligations to First Nations, protection of the environment, and evidence-based decision-making with scientific integrity.

https://sitecstatement.org/

OVER 200 LEADING SCHOLARS CALL ON GOVERNMENT TO SUSPEND SITE C DAM

Based on evidence raised across our many disciplines, the undersigned scholars have concluded that there were significant gaps and inadequacies in the regulatory review and environmental assessment process for the Site C Project, a hydroelectric dam on the Peace River currently in the preliminary stages of construction. Our assessment is that this process did not accord with the commitments of both the provincial and federal governments to reconciliation with and legal obligations to First Nations, protection of the environment, and evidence-based decision-making with scientific integrity.

https://sitecstatement.org/
Wow I never would have thought there were that many learned left wing wacko communists in all of Canada. (sarcasm)

That's quite the long list there CLG. Thanks for the post.

Reactions: GLG
... What happened after all the incidents you quoted? It was cleaned up as well as possible and life went on. ...
Life went on "as usual" for the Exxon CEOs, maybe. You might benefit from educating yourself on these topics, 3x5:
Economic Impacts of the Spill
http://www.evostc.state.ak.us/index.cfm?FA=facts.econ
A PRELIMINARY ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF RECREATIONAL FISHING LOSSES RELATED TO THE EXXON VALDEZ OIL SPILL
http://www.evostc.state.ak.us/static/PDFs/econ1.pdf
Biodegradability Of Lingering Oil 19 Years After The EVOS Spill
https://cfpub.epa.gov/si/si_public_record_report.cfm?dirEntryId=208703
Long-Term Ecosystem Response to the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill
http://www.afsc.noaa.gov/Publications/misc_pdf/peterson.pdf
Demise of Herring in Prince William Sound Still a Mystery
http://www.fishermensnews.com/story...prince-william-sound-still-a-mystery/280.html
Herring and the “Exxon Valdez” oil spill: an investigation into historical data conflicts
https://academic.oup.com/icesjms/article/65/1/44/613524/Herring-and-the-Exxon-Valdez-oil-spill-an
Delayed effects of oil spill compromise long-term fish survival
https://www.nwfsc.noaa.gov/news/features/delayed_effects_oilspill/index.cfm

Very low embryonic crude oil exposures cause lasting cardiac defects in salmon and herring
http://www.nature.com/articles/srep13499
25 years later, oil spilled from Exxon Valdez still clings to lives, Alaska habitat
https://www.adn.com/our-alaska/arti...still-clings-lives-alaska-habitat/2014/03/21/

Opinion: Site C: Truly awful economics
Harry Swain
Published on: June 16, 2016 |
http://vancouversun.com/opinion/opinion-site-c-truly-awful-economics

I find it hard to visualize the amount of money involved in this project so I thought I would find something to help. I ran across this.

This is a million dollars in $100.00 dollar bills
milliondollars.jpg

This is a billion dollars in $100.00 dollar bills.
billiondollars.jpg

This project is priced out at 8 or 9 billion and you would need several tractor trailers and a crew to move it around where as you could fit a million dollars into a backpack and sneak out the back door from office..........

So I suppose having half a million litres of sour crude oil spill into a creek flowing into the the Red Deer River didn't result in a fish die off or the water being undrinkable. The problem with your mentality is the ends always justify the means. As long as someone else's quality of life is impacted its okay. If you lived and fished in an area with mercury contamination, or your water supply was tainted, or your local streams or lakes had the fish all killed off by pollutants then maybe you'd be whistling a different tune. But hey it's someone else that got dealt that lousy card so too bad for him, I'm alright Jack.

Maybe if the "antis" as you call them had gotten there way 50-100 years ago we wouldn't all need high powered fishing boats to find fish in ever further afield locations. Maybe we'd still be fishing out of a small skiff within rowing distance of fantastic fishing on our doorstep with live herring for bait like the old days. Maybe if the "antis" had gotten their way a long time ago the world wouldn't be in danger from deforestation, pollution, global warming, extreme weather, shrinking ozone layers, melting ice caps, species extinctions, etc, etc, etc. Everything has a price my friend, and one day the cheque will come due. Oh ya I forgot, not your problem. Your kids are the ones that will pay the consequences for our total lack of concern about our planets environment, so no worries.

BTW these issues are all interrelated. The pipeline to service the dirty tar sands projects will be going through the NE sector of the province. There would be no added environmental risk to Northern BC if this terminal was not constructed to service the oil tankers to supply "communist" China. Seems pretty funny the same guys denigrating people as left wing communists who oppose something on environmental grounds have no issues trading our oil to a repressive communist regime for cold hard cash.

The new oil terminal in Prince Rupert will be risking our Northern BC coastline to profit China, Alberta and the big oil companies making profits from one of the biggest polluting oil extraction projects on the planet. Once the construction phase is complete BC will see very little benefit from these projects yet we will be bearing all the environmental risk. Hardly a fair trade just to service China's demand for oil and profit the Alberta govt and the big oil companies.

I find it highly unlikely I will be fueling my boat to go fishing with fuel derived from the northern gateway pipeline. I'm sure the majority of the gas consumed in Canada will still be refined on the continent after the pipeline and oil terminals completion. BC accepts all the environmental risk and Alberta and the big oil companies get all the gain. I can hardly even understand how a person from BC could think those projects in the North are in BC's best interest. But what do I know, I'm just an SJW according to you.

Of course all the stuff you've mentioned is a negative I get it. I grapple everyday with our needs and the risks that they create, you don't have to explain it to me. I wish it was as black and white as you make it out to be. I wish we could just say no to everything. As a matter of fact if you paid any attention to what I've posted on here over the years you'd understand that my attitude isn't as you put it "the ends justify the means", and certainly not at any cost. Even if the anti's got their way we'd still be in a world of hurt because you're conveniently ignoring the real issue and that's population, look around you do you really think for a second the environment would be thriving in the population density that surrounds you? You still wouldn't be paddling out to amazing fishing within the NIMBY blight that is Vancouver. The anti's like the oil mongers will keep popping out the crotch fruit and the technology to wean us off fossil fuels still doesn't exist forget about 50-100 years ago, the picture wouldn't be much if any different.

You can't understand how someone from BC accepts these projects? Here's how, you and I both NEED it 100%, we can't live without them literally. I can't understand how someone who is fully immersed in reaping the benefits of all these things we've discussed can answer everything with a simple no, you don't have to like it to accept and acknowledge it. Plus there's more than just BC's interests to consider. Face it or give me the alternative, what Middle East oil? You gonna say solar panels or windmills, what's stopping you? We'll skip the reality that there isn't a jurisdiction in the world that's succeeded, look at Ontario as an example, it's a mess. Anyways skip a few trips a year, maybe a holiday or two and you could build a system in no time if you were really actually willing to make the sacrifices required to achieve the outcome you preach about (we can pretend it'll meet your needs). You know everything in your world can't stay the same and change at the same time right, what sacrifices are you prepared to make? Assuming you're of retirement age your generation has done wonders to put us in this situation so I can understand your guilt but don't attack others livelihoods to stave off your guilt while you unappreciatively reap the benefits cashing your CPP check (huge natural gas asset owner), burning as much gas as you want whenever you want, enjoying unlimited reliable cheap electricity, and all the other benefits the extractive industries provide you. If you're so concerned take the step yourself, don't expect someone else to make the sacrifice so your life can stay the same. There's a few vocal members on here who preach about shutting everything down and the solar savior that could have easily been well on their way to if not done a home system in the short time I've been on here. What' stopping you? Make the sacrifice.

"Supplying communist China" Yawn, do a 360° in your desk chair look where the stuff that surrounds you was made then flip your chair over and check it and get back to me. I don't love the idea of pipelines and tankers to the coast but at least we'd gain a little trade balance out of it. As for the GHG's same as always Canada could go to zero tomorrow and the world wouldn't even notice it. Before you latch on and twist it I haven't said don't try but we need to be very careful about massive economic interruption for what will no matter what have zero global impact other than making us look good at the COP table. China will keep cranking out more crap like what's surrounding you right now. Even if you could stop China from buying fossil fuels who are you to make that decision? Do they not deserve the same quality of life you've enjoyed? There's only one person who's consumption you can control, what's stopping you if you care so deeply? You can't have your cake and eat it too. Be the change you want, don't delude yourself into thinking saying no to everything on a fishing website actually does anything.

In your third and fourth paragraphs you talk about a pipeline and oil terminal in Prince Rupert. Last I heard it was rejected in favor of TMX and Energy East, you know a compromise. Did I miss something or are you just grasping again?

Don't lecture me about a cheque coming due, I'm still guessing you're a gentleman of retirement age and therefor have been on the planet for more than 50% longer than I, you own more of it than I do by a huge margin. I'll guarantee it. It always confuses me when people say the pipelines exist to service the oil sands, do you think the oil companies operate in a vacuum? They only exist to service YOU. It makes as much sense and your absolving yourself of your boating (AKA non essential luxury because I've seen you say you release most so you don't even get a meal out of it) impact by saying Northern Gateway won't bring you boat gas, you know it still comes in a pipeline right? A 50+ year old one for that matter, since it's not coming in Northern Gateway does this mean you're ok with TMX? Of course not, you'll start talking about some other issue so that you don't have to acknowledge that you are as much the problem as anyone else or commit to anything. The oil, hydro, mining, forestry companies only exist for one reason and that's YOU. This is another pointless endeavor so you can have the last word, but keep consuming while you complain it keeps the wheels greased. If you say nothing else in reply just for a change tell me for fun which of these extractive industries you support? Wow, I guess I can never give you a hard time for long rambling posts eh! lol But I suppose the big picture isn't as easy as a simple no.

Last edited:
Wow I never would have thought there were that many learned left wing wacko communists in all of Canada. (sarcasm)

That's quite the long list there CLG. Thanks for the post.

Skip the partisan stuff it just muddies the waters and the planet doesn't care what side you're on. The environment isn't a partisan issue, it's an issue of ideals versus pragmatism and reality.

Back