Local lake water temperatures

I forgot my thermometer but fished Elk this afternoon from 3:30 to 5:00 one chubby 12 incher several good strikes one that broke me off which almost never happens. Black leech and black micro leech beautiful afternoon

Langford down to 52 F this afternoon 1:00 - 3:00. A couple of 14's for dinner. Nothing hitting hard or fast.
Most fish showing near the bottom in schools; 30 to 50. Most fish hitting on top - go figure. :rolleyes:

Langford down to 51 F this afternoon 11:00 to 2:00. Finally getting fish on the rigger - lots of strikes, only two stuck. Nice fish. Saw a few other nets out.

Langford below 50 F this afternoon 11:00 to 2:00.
Trout signed a nonaggression pact with the 'black and white' cat that met me at the dock. :( A first this year on the lakes. :rolleyes:

Langford below 50 F this afternoon 11:00 to 2:00.
Trout signed a nonaggression pact with the 'black and white' cat that met me at the dock. :( A first this year on the lakes. :rolleyes:

Yeah, for some reason it turned right off. Sunday was good from mid pm. on. Monday I landed only one 12". They just turned off. I could see them on my sounder but only a few gentle taps. Full moon? Wind? Wind direction change?

Yes, there were lots showing on the sounder. Covered most of the lake today. Scattered depths and spread out. Water seems to be clearer.
Time to try dropshotting.

One to three on Elk nice 17” on a bass fry fly type six line
And a 14” on a Deer hair dragon nymph on a type three
Sorry forgot my thermometer again

There was plenty of action today. Still 50 F. Took home a 16" for the BBQ:p, released a cutty :cool: and caught a yellow perch :(.
Other's fared even better.

There was plenty of action today. Still 50 F. Took home a 16" for the BBQ:p, released a cutty :cool: and caught a yellow perch :(.
Other's fared even better.

I knew a fellow who used to target and eat those yellow perch. He said they were delicious. He’d fry the little filets up in garlic butter.

I knew a fellow who used to target and eat those yellow perch. He said they were delicious. He’d fry the little filets up in garlic butter.
Sadly they increase the likelihood of salmonid parasites. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/e...nvasive-species/alerts/yellow_perch_alert.pdf
Garlic butter is the key.
Caught it while drop shotting a bait ball at 45'. Gives me a color pattern to go after the larger trout that were showing up on the edge.
More info here about perch: https://www.gonefishingnw.com/how-to-catch-perch-by-the-dozens/
They were hugging the bottom at 50' in a school where I caught them.

Last edited:
51 degrees last weekend, got a dozen or so on chronies, biggest 2 1/2 ish, decent number of bugs still hatching, interior lakes now getting covered with ice, there are some serious advantages of living here.

51 degrees last weekend, got a dozen or so on chronies, biggest 2 1/2 ish, decent number of bugs still hatching, interior lakes now getting covered with ice, there are some serious advantages of living here.

There's no month here you cannot fish for something. The interior offers great trout fishing, but there's 6 months of cabin fever when fishing there. Those poor sots, I don't know how they do it. lol

Two prep'd for the BBQ out of Langford. 49 F at 11:00, 50 F by 2. Handful of folks puttering about and on the shore. Beauty day.

48 going to 50F. Tough fishing for me. :confused: Others did well. :oops:

48.7 degrees, fish were feeding on daphnia, lost count but approx 20- 25 to the net, biggest pushing 2 lbs, absolutely gorgeous late November day. Many interior lakes now iced up and it looks like the rest will be frozen this week.

Langford showed 49. Only 8 to the net. Missed several on the rested rod. Vampire Leech out fished boobies. Slow retrieve to static. Nothing over 16".

Interesting, one trout showed distinctive cutthroat slashes but otherwise clearly a rainbow.

Back