Local lake water temperatures

Prospect lake: Sept 19th was 65 F . :cool:
Quiet to start, then steady strikes. :oops:
5 to the net, 2 to the fry pan. ;)

Quamichan Lake is *uck*d now.Haven't bothered fishing there for about 4 years now.Apparently they still stock it but I haven't heard of a fish caught in that lake for a while now.It's a shame as I live literally 5 mins. away from it and it would be so convenient.

Langford 63 F
9 on, lost 3 at the net, including a beauty first fish of the day. All deep. Landed two. Do these fish have iron jaws?

I wonder if the Canadian rowing team was welcomed there to aerate the lake with their oars!
One wonders who chose to expose our best and brightest to the toxins.

One wonders who chose to expose our best and brightest to the toxins.

With all the crap in Victoria area lakes that appears to of started at Elk Lake (UVic's rowing lake), I would really want to scrutinize what's on rowing equipment.

Thetis is down to 60 F. Came across a large school (trout??) on the fishfinder.

Thetis is 56 F. Trout were hard to keep off the line. :p Nothing of any size though.

Thetis is down to 60 F. Came across a large school (trout??) on the fishfinder.

They just dumped a bunch in. Just wait until the cormorants find them. Yeah, the waters cooling off. The dog wasn't quite as enthusiastic about his swim this morning.

The hatchery put a bunch more larger fish in Langford plus a bunch of cutthroat, which is kind of new. Getting to be quite the mixed bag of trout in that lake with, Fraser Valley and Black water strain rainbows, cutthroats and whatever else is in there.

Langford down to 56 F. Fish were biting.

54 in Glen today - was a grind thou - flies weren't taking, more action on wee tad and flatfish but not typical October for me

Lots of action on Langford today, once I found the fish. I spent most of my time on a couple of acres of water. Lost one big fish, landed one about 4lbs and several +/- 12 inchers. Thermometer not working but I was cold and wet. Intermediate line with leech patterns.

Thanks all for your reports I am tempted to go to Langford the last time I was there I had a vehicle that my boat would fit in now it’s on a trailer and I wonder about launching and parking with a trailer?

The launch off landing lane, (weed cutter access) at the north end, is used by folks with trailers and they just park up on the road.

Tom. parking can be really tight at the ramp at Langford lake. Best to go weekday and earlyish. nice ramp with a floating dock. If you need some tips, text me.

Langford down to 54 F. Fish are active. So were the dozen or so boats. :rolleyes:

Back