Local Guide/Lodge Supports Quota buying of HALIBUT!!!

Trophy Wife got this email. I am not sure if it was being read as much or everyone knew how to get to the actual website So i started this thread. PLease everyone email these fools and tell them what you think!

Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 3:57 PM
To: john@pacificsafaris.com
Subject: Halibut opening for 2012
Greetings, here’s what we got for 2012, its not 20% like we where hoping for but an increase. *I will report further on the quote options which may be of interest to those fishers that get one chance a year to get their fish.* Last year the price was $5.25 per lbs which can be added to your allowable catch, in other word you can have your one a day and keep fishing. *Any questions give me a call. 1-877-488-0045. Cheers John
http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...ry-1621493.htm

This is the lodge website.

http://www.pacificsafaris.com/

I would recommend copying the lodge on any email, as maybe they do not know that one of thier guides is supporting the quota. Then again maybe he is just doing what hes told. Either way. MAKE SOME NOISE!

Lorne

Thanks Blair for the info

Trophy Wife got this email. I am not sure if it was being read as much or everyone knew how to get to the actual website So i started this thread. PLease everyone email these fools and tell them what you think!

Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 3:57 PM
To: john@pacificsafaris.com
Subject: Halibut opening for 2012
Greetings, here’s what we got for 2012, its not 20% like we where hoping for but an increase. *I will report further on the quote options which may be of interest to those fishers that get one chance a year to get their fish.* Last year the price was $5.25 per lbs which can be added to your allowable catch, in other word you can have your one a day and keep fishing. *Any questions give me a call. 1-877-488-0045. Cheers John
http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...ry-1621493.htm

This is the lodge website.

http://www.pacificsafaris.com/

I would recommend copying the lodge on any email, as maybe they do not know that one of thier guides is supporting the quota. Then again maybe he is just doing what hes told. Either way. MAKE SOME NOISE!

Lorne

Thanks Blair for the info

He owns the lodge!!! Or at least the main partner in it. Yes too bad that there is someone promoting that ******** lease from the commercial

After reading this I checked my email and found the same message. I wrote him back that I found his info on a public forum and that he is playing with fire. Guides, Lodges and sports fishers cant go this way and should not support quota.

You are right Lorne, I myself missed it yesterday.
There have been 91 views though.

Sad. Its a trap - same as offering cheap underpriced charters - eventually you bankrupt yourself.

Here's his response to my concerns:

I don’t know where you got idea that we are promoting the purchase of quota. I don’t see any mention of a lodge or guiding. I’m a guide passing on information to follow fishers that have signed up to read all information’s I can find on fishing. My personal comments are because its mine. You’re not one of those people that have signed up so why are you even concerned. You can be sure that you will never fish with me. Your pencil dick IQ is what got us into this position. I can guarantee that I’m as informed and involve as you in our resource. No one is any better a steward of the environment the me or the people I work with. In my opinion and it will be what I suggest to those that fish with me, everyone should purchase in protest quota when needed to stay legal and take the government to court for the amount paid. That is what I’m going to do and I suggest you do to. In BC small claims is a far as you have to go. Will they get the picture, I think Yes. That will teat the rights of the Department of Fisheries and settle the mater once and for all.

Be sure to send all your business his way, sounds like a real treat of a guy with exceptional customer service skills. Oh don't forget to take DFO to small claims court, sounds like a winning idea to me.

Well, I tried to unsubscribe. Not an option, so I just blocked sender. I suggest the rest of you do also!

Here's his response to my concerns:

I don’t know where you got idea that we are promoting the purchase of quota. I don’t see any mention of a lodge or guiding. I’m a guide passing on information to follow fishers that have signed up to read all information’s I can find on fishing. My personal comments are because its mine. You’re not one of those people that have signed up so why are you even concerned. You can be sure that you will never fish with me. Your pencil dick IQ is what got us into this position. I can guarantee that I’m as informed and involve as you in our resource. No one is any better a steward of the environment the me or the people I work with. In my opinion and it will be what I suggest to those that fish with me, everyone should purchase in protest quota when needed to stay legal and take the government to court for the amount paid. That is what I’m going to do and I suggest you do to. In BC small claims is a far as you have to go. Will they get the picture, I think Yes. That will teat the rights of the Department of Fisheries and settle the mater once and for all.

Be sure to send all your business his way, sounds like a real treat of a guy with exceptional customer service skills. Oh don't forget to take DFO to small claims court, sounds like a winning idea to me.

Wow!!! poppa swiss you pencil dick iq started all of this! holy cow man thats huge!! hahahaha

Wow!!! poppa swiss you pencil dick iq started all of this! holy cow man thats huge!! hahahaha

are you saying my pencil dick is Huge Lorne? He signed his last email with this gem:
"I can meet you anywhere you would like!!!"

With three exclamation marks I can bet he doesn't want to meet for coffee ;) - Man this guy is nuts.

sad. that's all he's got when he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar. hmmm Where's Don Cherry when we need him to call play by play.

sad. that's all he's got when he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar. hmmm Where's Don Cherry when we need him to call play by play.
you mean wheres Holmes* when you need him:p , I'd imagine he'll be writing some letters for sure
poor ******* will regret his words once Holmsey gets started on him.

Ive sent him and copied the lodge on 2 emails. Both without a response. I am just going to keep sending. I like raging hahaha

I sent an email to him as well. he is pretty chooked. He is a decent guy I have done some frelance guiding for him a couple times to fill some openings. He said "we dont know how to read" I will leave that at that what ever that means. I politely told him that the industry has banded together and decided to not purchase any quota, and that last year, to my knowledge, not 1 pound was sold, and as far as I know, if he buys some he will be the first and it wont go over well with the boys in the industry. My email was long and in depth, so I hope he sees the danger of it. Because next will certainly be salmo, lings, prawns etc, etc.

Are you ******* insane?

Holy fack man, I will make sure along with everyone i know knows too never book a trip with you.

Your orginal email and your repsonse calling someone a "pencil dick" {real classy} is all over the public BC forums (4 of them last i checked) and we are all sending out mass emails to let everyone know to steer clear of you. I can't believe you would even consider buying quota or even letting your guests purchase it. You are a disgrace to the community.

GOod luck

Response

John Murray
Add to contacts

To lorneparker1@hotmail.com
You should buy quota and take the Government to court. My guest will do what they want, they will be informed and make a decision. I don’t know who you hang with but all the guys that I’ve been fishing with for the past 12 years understand. What’s you problem!!

My response.
MY problem, along with MANY others is you are setting a precendent that this new "buy quota from commies" is ok. 1000's of us have been to meetings, writing emails, making phone calls to DFO protesting this for the most obvious reasons NO ONE OWNS A FISH THAT IS IN THE WATER AND I SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. ITS MY RIGHT AS A CANADIAN TO CATCH IT. 436 PEOPLE DO NOT OWN THE HALIBUT.

Keep it up and maybe in 5 years you can tell your guests that chinook is going for $6 a lb and if they want to keep one thats what they have to pay.

Lorne

Last edited by a moderator:
Back