Lithium Batteries....Got one?

Sharphooks

Any recent converts to lithium batteries out there?

I’ve read that the technology has come a long way and putting costs aside, they have way more pluses on their side of the ledger then minuses when compared to flooded lead

I’d be very interested to hear from anyone out there currently running them in their boats. I’d also like to hear about the charging side of lithium battery ownership, both while on the water and when plugged into shore power

Thanks

I've got two banks. After balance charging, I've just treated them like lead for the season. Speaking of which.. I'll likely multimeter them and see if they have been staying balanced.. No BMS. No special treatment. Took 50lbs right off the transom. Boat rides better.

This is something that definitely interests me what would the benefits be
I know nothing on the subject

I've got two banks. After balance charging, I've just treated them like lead for the season. Speaking of which.. I'll likely multimeter them and see if they have been staying balanced.. No BMS. No special treatment. Took 50lbs right off the transom. Boat rides better.

What size and how long you had them in the boat? I just scored 4 LiFePO4 70AH batteries. Just needed to disassemble them and reset the BMS. Not sure if the voltage from the Yamaha will over charge them.

Back