License renewal not available?

I wouldn't be as dissapointed with the Chinook nonrention issue if we had more opportunities for other types of game fish out of Georgia straight. When bottom fishing opens up, 1 rockfish is hardly worth the effort to go over to gulf islands to target them. If there was opportunities for halibut or tuna or something worthwhile I could keep myself busy but unfortunately no other real opportunities in the straight.

I wouldn't be as dissapointed with the Chinook nonrention issue if we had more opportunities for other types of game fish out of Georgia straight. When bottom fishing opens up, 1 rockfish is hardly worth the effort to go over to gulf islands to target them. If there was opportunities for halibut or tuna or something worthwhile I could keep myself busy but unfortunately no other real opportunities in the straight.
With little effort you can catch a buzz. This increases your chances of targeting a good time.

From my experience yesterday you need to download the pdf file and print that... you can go back online and try a re-print...

From my experience yesterday you need to download the pdf file and print that... you can go back online and try a re-print...
Every time I go to the reprint I get the Covid 19 message. Maybe the sites swamped.

Every time I go to the reprint I get the Covid 19 message. Maybe the sites swamped.
I printed mine this morning with no issue.

No problems at all getting mine this morning. Some guys seem to get messed up when they hit print and it opens a PDF they don't see to open and nothing happens. Its usually right on the bottom left of your screen waiting to be opened and printed

Took my money, sent me a receipt and when I tried to print it wouldn’t work. Now this is all I can get.

I couldn't get mine to print when I was using internet explorer this morning. switched over to google chrome and the PDF file popped right up. maybe give that a try.

Got mine printed finally. Had to switch from an Apple to Microsoft device and then no problem. I find often the interface with Apple operating systems can cause issues. Glad I hung on to the old laptop.

at GONE FISHING Nanaimo take yur old license and 32 bucks ( salmon tag) and go to the door. They will do it up for u.

I renewed both my saltwater and freshwater licences online yesterday and printed licences without any difficulty.

What is it that you don't like. We do not need people coming here at this time just to fish. stay away until things are back to normal. you are aware of the current Covid 19 crisis and how it needs to be stopped. Not trying start a verbal war, simply asking what you disagree with.

Last edited:
You can’t fish them in area 29, but there’s some good lingcod holes in the southern GI. Best eating fish out there, IMO

We fish out of Sidney. When we bottom fish we will likely go home with a lingcod, Rock cod, some greenling, possibly a cabezon. And it’s tons of fun.

Back