Let's talk about dinghys, tenders, rhibs, kayak, sup etc

ive gone for a sea eagle 330 from their website (they ship direct). 2 person, 300+ lbs cargo. looks good for 400 bux shipped with electric pump.

Bump, not in the budget for 2020 but drooling over the versatility of a dingy that can get up on plane vs my current 2hp traditional. Anyone try out a Takacat or Trukit or similar Cat inflatable tenders? I've got two kids want to be able to get on plane with a 6hp for exploring and even fishing when I don't feel like towing 7500lbs

Finally an alternative is a SUP tender/fisher Bote Rover Aero.

i was looking at takacat. but got turned off because you cant get hypalon.
ive got my sea eagle (380X) and also bought one of these :
AB lammina UL RIB for the new boat. with a aquamot 2.2 electric and a 450Amp 24V battery. should last 6-8 hours.

i was looking at takacat. but got turned off because you cant get hypalon.
ive got my sea eagle (380X) and also bought one of these :
AB lammina UL RIB for the new boat. with a aquamot 2.2 electric and a 450Amp 24V battery. should last 6-8 hours.
A friend bought a Takacat, he’s pretty happy with it, but yeah it’s a 5 year boat max, before the heat kills it unless you pack it up in summer. AB are very nice.

Our plan is to have 2 inflatable 7’ Walker Bay kayaks that we can store in the bow of the Double Eagle.

Attachments

• 488715DB-B3BC-4AF5-BC45-10FBD3182286.jpeg
    488715DB-B3BC-4AF5-BC45-10FBD3182286.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8334.jpeg
    IMG_8334.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 27
There's lots of inflatable SUPs now -- they pack down into a bag and pump up pretty quickly - although finding space to inflate them on a small boat might be a challenge. As noted by others, these may be best suited to warm waters in summer, due to the risk of getting dunked. Also less suitable for those of us with gray hair, balance issues, replaced joints, etc. I see people using them in a kneeling position, especially when there's a chop.

Back