Lets see your pictures of your fish cleaning tables

Built this a couple years ago. Needed one that stows and still provides a shelf for holding the gaff, the "priest" and a few others items

Cleaning Table 004.jpg

here is another view in the cleaning position

Cleaning Table 005.jpg

Its stows along the side of the hull and has a built in shelf

Cleaning Table 006.jpg

Cleaning Table 007.jpg

I also built a knife rack into the side of it. It has been through a couple of mods since then, but I don't have any updated pictures

Cleaning Table 003.jpg

I'll update the pics once the rain stops and I can get some decent pics of the table

Last edited by a moderator:
Does your Skagit have the bait tank option across the back? I just flip mine open and place a board that is the exact width of the station on it-leave a space at both ends so the guts drop in. I cover the board with Astro turf-saves knives, hoses off, doesn't stink and everything stows inside the tank . Sorry no pics(I don't think) as I am in Baja without the boat. Might have a look in my pics library.

Hey Finner, that is pretty slick! :cool:

I am assuming when the table is up it appears to mount in the rod holders or is it somehow have a bracket that holds on to the gunnel? What about when it is stowed? Is it hanging on those wood pieces with the plastic piece?

Does your Skagit have the bait tank option across the back? I just flip mine open and place a board that is the exact width of the station on it-leave a space at both ends so the guts drop in. I cover the board with Astro turf-saves knives, hoses off, doesn't stink and everything stows inside the tank . Sorry no pics(I don't think) as I am in Baja without the boat. Might have a look in my pics library.

Not the best picture but the only one I have on my Skagit-note the rear bait station lid open and astro turf on it. Sorry for the fish ****!!LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,280
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,297
Sorry, no pictures but mine is made of granite, large round one found near the boat ramp I use.....LOL

To be honest, I never thought of one for my boat because there is not enough room. But I do like Whole in the Water's side mounted one.

Don

Here is my table I made it over the holidays this year. I used scotty well nuts to bolt table to the cooler and the cooler is bolted to the lower table, I also put cup holders in the lower table. All if it was made from 1/2" starboard.

f4458c4641be9fb6e5442ac37816a372.jpg

e72ead641a457466efc5504db9307d0c.jpg

Hey Finner, that is pretty slick! :cool:

I am assuming when the table is up it appears to mount in the rod holders or is it somehow have a bracket that holds on to the gunnel? What about when it is stowed? Is it hanging on those wood pieces with the plastic piece?
Thanks Pip. I used the Magnum bar-b-que mounts for both the upright and stowed locations. The mounts are a high quality s.s. but needed to be extended away from the "skirt" on the side of the hull as it was too close to the actual hull (in depth) for the legs. Hence the additional wood to move the holder away from the skirt. I wanted it to have some additional useful purpose when stowed so I added a shelf for the Kicker steering connection, the priest and the gaff. In my modified version I have a mount taht holds the gaff so the point is always covered when in its holder.

It was a fun project, but the first kick at it was about 6" too low for easy fish cleaning and after cleaning 4 or 5 fish at one time, my back would be killing me from stooping over. I rebuilt the table a little smaller with a handle built into it and purchased the removal 6" leg extensions as well. I also added a scotty mount for a beer holder and another scotty rod holder mount for each of the fresh water and raw water washdown hoses. I also added an aluminum ruler riveted along the edge that is exactly 83 cm for a quick measurement for Halibut. Sorry no pics from work. I will get some up here in the next week or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is mine that I put together last fall. Its more of a bait table though. I used a old house satellite mount that fits into my rear flush mount rod holder. It worked perfect and is adjustable so your table sits flat.

Attachments

• 20140213_143244_resized.jpg
    20140213_143244_resized.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,089
  • 20140213_143301_resized.jpg
    20140213_143301_resized.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,052
This is what I use. Hangs off the side of the boat, then folds up flat for storage. Works great.

View attachment 10490

very Slik indeed !! i have the same concept , but had a plexiglass outfit make me one outta 1/4 in material ,
bent the same v as yours it looks like , then a cutting board poly type material cut up to close off the ends ,
held together with small 1 in inch stainless steel screws , pre drilled so it wouldnt crack ,
left a one inch gap in the deepest part of the pocket so guts and blood could flow freely ,
as fins boat , looks like hes filled his lower rod storage ports , i still utilize mine , i store my harpoons in there..
i use adjustable locking straps looped around my top harpoon to prevent my v cleaning station from falling over board ,
or mainly getting the perfect hanging height , when done ,rinse off with the washdown , unstrap , stow away below , ezpz ,
prefer the over the side concept , keep most of the blood bath outside the boat ,but best , holds the fish well , doesnt need ta be flat calm ta use,,

see if i can post a pic , use it all the time when were on the hook for a night or 3
its at my trailer right now , goin next week fora fish...

cheers

fd

Here is an old pic of mine I posted for dad's toy when he did his rebuild. I have since modified it to fit in one of my fish holds in new boat but you get the idea. Nylon, Super easy stuff to work with. Table saw and some screws

simage.jpg

I like the look of that one gearnbeer.Looks simple to make and easy to quickly mount and take off for storage.Where do
you find the nylon to build it,if you don't mind me asking.

I got lazy and just bought the Magma fillet table with cam lock adjustible rod holder mount
works well, but like mentioned the Trough design works better in rough conditions,
I had both but gave the trough away as I seem to pack way too much crap with me
and I'm trying not to

Sorry, no pictures but mine is made of granite, large round one found near the boat ramp I use.....LOL

To be honest, I never thought of one for my boat because there is not enough room. But I do like Whole in the Water's side mounted one.

Don

That's funny!!!

I like the look of that one gearnbeer.Looks simple to make and easy to quickly mount and take off for storage.Where do
you find the nylon to build it,if you don't mind me asking.

I have a bit around for projects. I'm thinking I got it from industrial plastics and paint but not sure really. I have made all kinds of $hit out of it and UHMW for boats. If you need some and are local I may have some for you.

I removed the in board and put a pod on. So I removed the chrome vents and had a buddy modify a camper table and mounted it where the vents were.

Attachments

• 064 - Copy.jpg
    064 - Copy.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 792
Back