• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
Speaking of Titanium. These flutter blade spoons kill fish and can be trolled at various speeds. I can't get them anymore from the original maker(think he is out of business), so I am going to make some up this year some time. :)
Speaking of Titanium. These flutter blade spoons kill fish and can be trolled at various speeds. I can't get them anymore from the original maker(think he is out of business), so I am going to make some up this year some time. :)[/QU

If your making a few extras I’d love to buy some Titanium blanks off of you

I'll keep you in the loop...a lot is riding on my next move and whether or not what I want to do works itself into fruition. If it does, then I can supply you with any amount of blades from any form of sheet metal. Time will tell, it's a big play for me. :)

I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

This is the one

index.php

I live in Sooke and I just got a bunch of these PAL spoons. Brass, bronze, silver. What’s the history behind them? Are they very effective?
These spoons were an absolute staple of the commercial troll industry for years. They were fished bare without flashers and because of their heavier weight you trolled them faster. High end quality and killers on springs. With the brass and copper ones you need to store in hydrotone to keep them bright after you polish them.

Hey this thread has got me digging out some of my old spoons.I am wondering what you recommend to remove corrosion / tarnish and then polish to get them looking new.

I was thinking white vinegar or cola bath then rinse and buff up with brasso or some metal rim polish ?

Also curious where I could find glow paint and some various scale pattern stick on vinyl in the Victoria area ? I know someone mentioned Walmart for the paint ?

I have some old Krippled K and smaller Pal spoons that have caught fish but always got the backseat to bait. This year I have committed to not fishing bait for salmon and have been doing just as well, if not better than pulling around anchovies.

Back