• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
148.jpg
I don't usually pull pins, but I did on this one with the really old flat metal pin. Black and white spray bombs. Works good deep at Big Bank, but so do a lot of things.

ST, do you know a place to order the little stainless eye screws for rigging wood plugs? I got 20 mostly unfinished Lymans for $20 from when they switched to offshore plastic.

Great way to start them early. Imaginations run wild when a person is young. A couple more years and they will be pretending to catch fish with a willow stick and a string in a drainage ditch. Don’t know how I know that. That’s when they aren’t really fishing with dad.

Oly

Question for the plug gurus. Any advantage in dropping the hook back farther so the bend in the hook clears the point of the tail? Point of the hook otherwise is rubbing on the belly of the plug.
Thought it might give better hookups?

Exactly itll increase your chances of hook up for those short strikes, I even run stinger hooks off my plugs and keep 1 hook tight to the belly and the stinger hangs just off the tail

At the Vancouver Boat Show I had to dig deep in the $2.99 box at Harbour Chandler to find these but I know they are going to be "killers" :rolleyes: 5" Tomic Classics. BTW, when I tie the leader to the top of the wire loop I use a drop of nail polish to hold in place. Seems to work fine.
Plugs-Boat-Show-2019.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back