Lets play a game............

Lipripper

letsplayagame.jpg

Y'all remember Hooty? The guy that we ran out for finger f'in river chums??

He caught this on the Harris

What is it............

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a weird steelhead ...but looks like an atlantic as well but what the heck is it doing there were it was caught??? thats the real question id say....

looks atlantic to me...

Fish farm escapee atlantic

Definitely looks like an Atlantic but if you've ever seen a mature salmon out of a net pen the fins and tail are all rounded off from rubbing on the nets. This extremely healthy looking fish has no sign of that so it has been in the chuck a while and obviously feeding as well.

There is a leak in the big dam and a little finger will not plug it.

Its shape looks like a bull trout... There is a sea run bull trout on that river I believe... But spots are usually not as large...

It can’t be an Atlantic in our rivers, the industry propaganda hacks tell us that won’t happen. Send it off to DFO and if it is, see if the issue gets buried as fast as a whale found dead in a net pen.

It can’t be an Atlantic in our rivers, the industry propaganda hacks tell us that won’t happen. Send it off to DFO and see if the issue gets buried as fast as a whale found dead in a net pen.
not the first time they've been found in our rivers and won't be the last. wouldn't suprise me if this wasn't an escapee and just an atlantic returning to the river it was reared in......

Its a really large Dace ;-) It can't possibly be an Atlantic.

Colonel Klink.jpg

I assure you General Burkhalter, there has never been a successful escape from Stalag 13"

There is something I did notice though spots on gill plate.... here is an Atlantic

That is the dead give away... And the spots below the lat line

A little back ground... He put an album up on facecrack yesterday with some pics of some booty Nitnat springs and a "COHO" that was clearly a jack spring so the pic might not even be recent. The pic at the beginning of the thread was labeled "Another Harris Beauty" and that is about all I know. I did do a reverse image search in case he poached the pic but came up with nothing

Cuttle I did pass along Alex's contact info to him.

And English won the game ;)

That is 100% atlantic salmon.....spots on the gill plate....hope he gave it the rock shampoo

Was fishing Camper years ago with my old and and grandfather. Grampa got about a 14 pound fish on and it fought like a bat out of hell. Jumped about 20 times. Got it in the net and right away I knew what it was. Being the kid who what up at 5 am on sat to wat the early runs of fishing shows before heading out actually fishing. We wacked it and ended up using it for hali bait.

-KK

Back