launching

tubbed out

OK so for the 2nd time this year my ebrake has got stuck on at the warf . luckily it hasnt been july or aug .... I have a 93 chev 1 ton 4wd.
I read in another post about using a wedge under your wheel . So do I use the wedge and ebrake ???

Am I just putting it on to hard ?
I know the chevs have a crappy ebrake but

any tips tricks I am missing ? Never had this problem before .

I have a wedge and I am going to rig that up ASAP

thanks guys and gals

tubbed

I put a line lock on my old Ford. Just flip a switch and the hydraulics stay on.

The wedge is/was my idea.
Cut a wedge out a 4x4 or bigger chunk of wood. Drill a hole near the top and run some poly through with a couple of figure 8 knots. Attach a carabiner to the other end. Make the length of the lead so it rests behind you rear wheel and easily attaches to something near your bumper. Chock the wheel when required (best in 4x4 low and stopped).
When you pull out the chock drags along up the ramp. People will always point and shout at you. Works amazingly well. I used this all last season w/o an e-brake. gl.

Why not just replace the brake cable on your emergency brake?
If it is seizing up means its time for a new one.
They tell me most of these that seize are the ones that are infrequently used and corrosion builds up on the cable and when you use the brake, this is what jams or seizes.

As an aside and a funny story, when I sold my F150 a couple of years ago, guy did the test drive, all fine and he parked it, and applied the parking brake! Went and got the cash and papers, I signed it off and he leaps in to drive away. No go.
I'm almost embarassed to say my first comment was "Glad thats not my truck".
Luckily my neighbour is a retired mechanic and in 20 minutes he had diagnosed and disconnected the brake so the wheels could turn again. Being a good guy I gave the purchaser back 100.00 to cover the cost of a new brake cable.

Back