Latest 2019 Chinook News

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by profisher, Apr 16, 2019.

1. ryanb

ryanb Well-Known Member

So until they actually get their shit together and post a Fisheries Notice it remains open... No?

Father Alberta! likes this.
  2. scott craven

scott craven Well-Known Member

They can't enforce until the regs are updated which of course are not.....

3. ryanb

ryanb Well-Known Member

Well I'm going to get our there today then...

donnie d likes this.
  4. Longpole

Longpole New Member

Lol, “Never vote Liberal again!”, why did you vote Liberal in the first place??

Oceanmaster and jeffywestcoast like this.
  5. feelin swell

feelin swell Member

Right where the sun doesn't shine. Its the end game after decades of outright mismanagement of the west coast fishery, nothing less. Allowing the fishery to go political is the last straw. They are idiots. This is going to cause a political ripple that won't be forgotten. The damage they are about to unfold is shocking. For some reason I see Trudeau senior sitting in that train window years ago giving BC the finger.

6. Stizzla

Stizzla Crew Member

If they say close to shore and the map shows this, I’m fishing pender bluffs this summer! D0B8C90A-6000-4FE7-A31D-6DB33A710FFF.jpeg

7. Deewar25

Deewar25 Well-Known Member

FWIW - looks like I get Renfrew now - it is closed until July 14 with the exception of the sliver from Bonilla to Pachena (area 21) - then all inner waterways point to point all the way up the coast are open (area 23-27). Renfrew is entirely political...hardly any Fraser fish come through.

8. ReelSlim

ReelSlim Crew Member

Or at all in all honesty...just sayin!

fishinforever likes this.
  9. ReelSlim

ReelSlim Crew Member

I wondered that as well if you go by the crappy bubble map they released. If you go by the one Island Outfitters released it's all closed along there until the 15th. However I still haven't seen the official map.

10. Deewar25

Deewar25 Well-Known Member

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/...-WrJX2e0H7XEDWB8MoojbaIR-rlGzfkugfiiGpZq-yAR8

It's clear with text as per areas, but still confusing saying 'offshore'...had to get the low down from a local I guess that has had it explained better.

11. Father Alberta!

Father Alberta! New Member

I’m
    With you at wat point do the people just take it back?

12. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

Missed this post, You are correct Legally that is the only way.

Father Alberta! likes this.
  13. Father Alberta!

What do we have to do?? How do we get around this there has to be a way

14. Father Alberta!

This is considered beyond a disgrace something that’s not tolerate! As far as I’m concerned it’s just simply not tolerated End of it. deal with it

15. scott craven

scott craven Well-Known Member

Reg's have not been updated yet.
    wonder how long that will take ?

sir-vivor likes this.
  16. Father Alberta!

Good guess where everybody’s going to go

17. sir-vivor

sir-vivor Well-Known Member

Enough for one or two more runs out Scott !

wildmanyeah likes this.
  18. Fish Camp

Fish Camp Well-Known Member

or the young child held by FC.https://nyulocal.com/new-world-university-justin-trudeau-is-fidel-castros-son-bccf01403a86.

feelin swell likes this.
  19. sir-vivor

sir-vivor Well-Known Member

Maybe a boat blockade of the entrance under the lions gate bridge would get their attention , maybe 100-200 vessels, should be an average Sunday Sept group ,but do it Now !

pescador and SerengetiGuide like this.
  20. Father Alberta!

That’s pretty big water where the places are still open is it not?? you’d want to really decent boat. An 18 footer wouldn’t cut it would it? I have a very large lake boat but it’s not an ocean boat where is the best place to go around there ?? For a small
    Boat