Latest 2019 Chinook News

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by profisher, Apr 16, 2019 at 1:41 PM.

1. profisher

profisher Well-Known Member

Just heard that the announcement we have all been waiting for is coming out at 2pm today and its not good. I'm being told WCVI Chnook non retention April till July 14th. Johnson Strait and upper Georgia Strait the same. Lower Georgia Strait and JDF Chinook non retention April until July 31st. Time to go to war guys!!!

2. scott craven

scott craven Well-Known Member

These fucks don't give a rat's ass about the fish or the whales, it's all political.
    They're just bending to pressure from all the ENGO's

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 1:53 PM
  3. SerengetiGuide

SerengetiGuide Well-Known Member

War time. Whose saying no to harbour blockades now ?!?! Literally closures compared to scenario B is nothing

cohochinook, Daveroo and Dannyrscott like this.
  4. Whitebuck

Whitebuck Well-Known Member

F-ck DFO and their zero conservation based decisions.

cohochinook likes this.
  5. scott craven

what happened to scenario "B" hatchery only?
    they give 2 options and then change to zero retention ??

6. profisher

Who said F$ck about a blockade. What ever the campaign is it should have two goals, to make DFO and the NGO’s look bad...NOT US!!

cohochinook likes this.
  7. SerengetiGuide

Screw that. Blockade and lawsuit.

cohochinook likes this.
  8. Stizzla

Stizzla Crew Member

This is a sad day for fishing. And common sense. I hope the Other groups got hit this hard. Motivation to work together.

9. runamuk

runamuk Member

Now your talking.. With the timing of these proposed closures corresponding with time the American fish pass by, I find it hard to think there isn't some sort of influence being asserted from our southern neighbours. It has been proven in other industries such as oil and gas and is getting main stream traction. The TIDES foundation and Gordon and Betty foundation have made many donations to different organizations up here on the west coast. One such influential group is West Coast Aquatics, the same group that chaired the SRKW forums with DFO last fall. There are many other examples.. We need to stand up against this push or we will be in the horizon forever.

cohochinook and Slabbedout like this.
  10. scott craven

Start protesting and tell them you'll never vote Liberal again !

To Hon.Jonathan Wilkinson

I am disappointed with your decision to close the recreational Chinook fishery in B.C.
    You have effectively removed a piece of B.C. heritage and impacted thousands of people
    and their livelihood's.
    If the proper course of action had been taken years ago in restoring and protecting habitat
    this situation would be entirely different.
    My friends and family, many involved with the recreational fishery will not support the Liberal government
    in the next election, nor at any time in the future.
    This is a disgrace !

Scott Craven

11. islandboy

islandboy Member

12. Kildonan

Kildonan Well-Known Member

Amen brother!!

13. Ground Tackle

Ground Tackle New Member

14. SerengetiGuide

Anyone from NANAIMO area. By election occurring. I just walked into Michelle Corfields office and gave em an earful. And backed it with science and data that shows this does nothing. Told them I’d never vote liberal again in my life!

Her office is RIGHT BEHIND BEST BUY BESIDE THE PETRO CANADA!

15. Andrew P

Andrew P Well-Known Member

16. Slabbedout

Slabbedout Member

Seems just ridiculous to have ANY fishery near or in the Fraser at any period of time if the thought is to protect those particular runs.

Like has been said above. Clearly it’s way beyond Fraser River chinook and SRKW issues.

All I can hope for now is this helps, local VI fish stocks rebound and leads to a promising fishery in the future.

17. profisher

Are you enjoying your wild Thompson coho fishery with 20 years of no retention on them to bring them back. Remind me of that saying about repeating and insanity.

18. 1marko

1marko Active Member

What's the definition...we can include Thompson steelhead chum and
    Oh ya It's a pink year..ZERO RETENTION !

Time to hit the lakes

19. BCRingo

BCRingo Well-Known Member

FNs will continue to do their thing in the river regardless of what restrictions are out there. Add to that the habitat issues, seals, pollution and the warming ocean waters and see where this closure is going to take us. DFO can only manage to ZERO!

IronNoggin likes this.
  20. DuroBoat

DuroBoat Member

Sorry I missed that.. is there additional restrictions on pinks? This is going to increase the fishing pressure on the other species