Langara/Kyuquot

finaddict

Ok so I don't usually brag about this kinda stuff but this coming week is going to be a real barn burner for me. Gone for 9 days. Tomorrow flying up to Langara for a true QCI/Haida Gwaii bucket list experience :D Back early next week - just in time to gather a couple friends, the Striper and head up to Kyuquot for 4 days. Will post reports from both with pics when I get back. Hoping for a few pics of big dead fish that everyone can trash and talk about "destroying the gene pool and yadda yadda yadda".

Tight lines and bent rods, gents. I am hoping for the same! :cool::cool:

Have fun buddy!!

Can you snap a pic of the new boat(s) at KSL? Finally upgraded this year to Lifetimer's....just wanna see what I'll be running.

Have fun buddy!!

Can you snap a pic of the new boat(s) at KSL? Finally upgraded this year to Lifetimer's....just wanna see what I'll be running.
No problem. We will be going by there several times (Hopefully early out and early back....)

I'll get a couple shots for you for sure.

Sounds like a great bucket list experience. It will be great to hear the tales and see some pictures of that awesome country. Great luck to you.

Langara is awesome. Was a big bucket list item for me as well plus first time in a helicopter and got to fly co-pilot seat. If you ask at the Massett terminal they will put your name down for it.
Can still remember the 4am wake up knock on the door and fresh baked goodies at the coffee bar.
Cut plug herring and 11 pulls on the reel.
Have a great trip!

Sounds like a great time! Have a great trip! Looking forward to seeing a few pics of the adventure!

Have fun buddy!!

Pics of the new lifetimers with twin 115's at KSL coming Scotty. Nice looking craft. will post tyhem tonight after work.

Sounds like a great time! Have a great trip! Looking forward to seeing a few pics of the adventure!
I will put together a couple of you tube vids and some pics back on this thread later this week.

All I can say is Langara = Sealions BIG TIME and not in a good way........................... Kyuquot was pretty much the same as most years

Sounds good!! How was the road in this year? With the amount of gear/food/cocktails to go in....I will be driving and some others (our hosts) will be flying in on a smaller charter as opposed to the notably costly Caravan.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is Langara = Sealions BIG TIME and not in a good way...

Yeah they are really ruthless, and the smart ones are very sneaky! - Seems like they are getting worse (or more are learning) as time goes by. They even occasionally take the herring off your line if fishing slows down for a few minutes as well :rolleyes: I was up a few weeks back, two fish taken, however got my biggest coho via freespool, up comes the confused sea lion, looking around as we netted the fish... that was funny!

Really would be nice if some more orcas took care of a few of them, or otherwise...

Saw one come right from under the boat and snatch a fish right out of a guides hands on another boat whom was fishing beside us, just as he was releasing the fish! Now that is scary! I'd hate to see someone get hit as a side effect by a lion at the side of the boat. Maybe they are precise enough, but I dunno maybe only a matter of time before someone gets bitten? When I am releasing a fish with those suckers around, I am very cautious and quick with the gaff (Or knife), no messing around and definitely keeping my hands from wrapping around the line - they can come out of nowhere and move fast.

Sounds good!! How was the road in this year? With the amount of gear/food/cocktails to go in....I will be driving and some others (our hosts) will be flying in on a smaller charter as opposed to the notably costly Caravan.
Road in was hard and dusty, but we had two days of rain and the grader was working the Zeballos side, so road was in excellent shape on the way out.

I will put together a couple of you tube vids and some pics back on this thread later this week.

All I can say is Langara = Sealions BIG TIME and not in a good way........................... Kyuquot was pretty much the same as most years
I would end up in a lot of trouble up there as i probably blast them

Scotty, here are the pics of those nice Lifetimers with the cabins and twins that KSL just acquired. Nice boats. they clearly are so new they don't have all the gear and mods that we all make to our sport fishing boats. (rocket launchers, radar, etc) but damn nice tinny's

Attachments

• IMG_1886.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 214
Thanks buddy!! They are a definite upgrade and happy to push further offshore than the old ones!

No need for radar....my ears are large. :p

Although with those high sides I think I am gonna have to perfect me gaff releases let alone measuring Hali!!

Back