Lang Bay

wishiniwasfishin1

Just curious from you Powell River area guys how Lang Bay is at the end of July - early August. We are renting a cabin and will be there with the kids but I have a pretty well rigged fishing kayak and was hoping to get out and try my luck. Are there any salmon around at that time? I will give it a go either way, just curious...
Thanks for any input.

It is a little early at the end of July for the runs heading into Lang Creek also known as Wolfson Creek as there is a hatchery there. Usually mid August. Depending on where you are at Lang Bay southwards is Palm Beach and into Stillwater or northwards to Donkersley Bay. You may be able to pick up some fish arriving back early pooling in these areas. However with the way weather has been this year anything could happen. Straight in behind Lang Bay Store is Dixon Road and it is just a 5-10 minute drive to Lois lake if your kids want a change of pace and swim in freshwater or try for trout.

Hi Kisinia thanks for the tips. We would be staying right in Lang bay but I will definitely check out the spots you suggested as well. I was looking on Navionics and it seems like there is some good structure not that far away. I went there as a young kid with a family friend and remember we caught quite a few fish. But - that was 35 years ago!

Fished for the last couple days off Lang bay (180' water) to Brew (donkersley). Didn't see much bait. Had a couple teeth marks in the chovy but that was it.
I did talk to a couple guys who were jigging and they said they caught a 10lbr yesterday.

Back