landing nets

M

mike wheeler

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAME OF THE LARGE WOOD SALMON LANDING NET I SEE ON THE SPORT FISHING BC SHOW--THANKS

Edited by - mike wheeler on 12/05/2004 16:03:01

Scotty nets are ok but very clumbsy and heavy to use and dont like the net at all not very uniform.
Just my 2 cents thats all!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wolf

Scotty nets are ok but very clumbsy and heavy to use and dont like the net at all not very uniform.
Just my 2 cents thats all!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wolf

It was made special order for Mark by a guy up north, i can't remember his name but he mentioned it a couple of times on his show. You could try and e-mail him about it. The two things i don't like is the handle does not retract and if you have a fish over 30 lbs, it is tough to land as i have seen on his show. But for releasing fish it is great and it floats which is also a bonus when releasing a fish.

Tournament Proven !

It was made special order for Mark by a guy up north, i can't remember his name but he mentioned it a couple of times on his show. You could try and e-mail him about it. The two things i don't like is the handle does not retract and if you have a fish over 30 lbs, it is tough to land as i have seen on his show. But for releasing fish it is great and it floats which is also a bonus when releasing a fish.

Tournament Proven !

Speaking of C&R nets I fished this past summer with a guy who had a fine mesh net said to be made for making release of fish easy.
At first I thought it was something of a PITA because the heavy fine mesh made it harder to manoeuvre in the water.
But once I scooped a few Coho that were hooked solid and managed to unhook and let 'em go with no probs I was sold.The finer mesh means hooks don't get caught in the net so easy making the whole operation that much easier.
We even kept a few in the net and slowly dragged 'em along head first and they revived and kicked their own way out with no scale loss-nice to see.
I see I made a mistake in answering the original question-Mike is asking about a wooden Salmon net-I've never seen such a thing.

Speaking of C&R nets I fished this past summer with a guy who had a fine mesh net said to be made for making release of fish easy.
At first I thought it was something of a PITA because the heavy fine mesh made it harder to manoeuvre in the water.
But once I scooped a few Coho that were hooked solid and managed to unhook and let 'em go with no probs I was sold.The finer mesh means hooks don't get caught in the net so easy making the whole operation that much easier.
We even kept a few in the net and slowly dragged 'em along head first and they revived and kicked their own way out with no scale loss-nice to see.
I see I made a mistake in answering the original question-Mike is asking about a wooden Salmon net-I've never seen such a thing.

Nice nets for trout fishing but dont think I would use them for salmon fishing.
Wolf

Nice nets for trout fishing but dont think I would use them for salmon fishing.
Wolf

Me Neither

Forgot where I was, thought I was on that other form where 99% of the posts are freshwater.

Me Neither

Forgot where I was, thought I was on that other form where 99% of the posts are freshwater.

Back