Lakes near New Westminster?

Opendome

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the lower mainland (came from the Island) and I'm looking for some decent fishing thats not too far away. I tried Sasamat lake last week but it was pretty busy on the dock pretty much all day. I was thinking of trying Buntzen Lake or is it a waste of time? I don't have a boat and I have a spinning rod. Any advice is helpful!

Thanks!

Welcome - Watch the stocking reports and use the map to check out some places. Really depends on your willingness to travel;

https://www.gofishbc.com/Where-to-Fish.aspx

Lot of places to explore. The further you go, the less the crowds TEND to be. Fishing mid week makes for a smaller crowd. Weekends right when the weather is starting to improve is going to be busy no matter what.

Finding a cheap used kayak or float tube will give you a lot more flexibility to escape the crowds.

Another thought, you can buy a decent kayak at Costco for $400 use it for 2-3 years and get $250-300 for it used. That makes for a cheap 'rental'. It even comes with the paddle and stuff you need to throw it on the roof of your car.

Back