Labour Day Chinook Classic - Vancouver

tincan

http://www.labourdaychinookclassic.com/

How many people are going to this derby in Vancouver? The idea behind it is to replicate the vancouver sun derby of old which I hear was nuts. I have a boat registered already. Should be a good weekend for those of us 'stuck' in Vancouver over Labour Day.

DERBY OVERVIEW

LABOUR DAY CHINOOK CLASSIC is the premier catch and release salmon fishing event hosted annually on Vancouver’s North Shore. Held over the Labour Day long weekend, this 2-day event awards the largest cash prize of any fishing derby in Vancouver.

Labour Day Chinook Classic is presented by PACIFIC ANGLER and MOSQUITO CREEK MARINA along with THE WEST COAST FISHING CLUB and CELEBRATION ON WATER. Tournament entry for the event includes moorage, hot fisherman’s breakfast, entertainment, gourmet dinner, registration gift bag, and special daily prizes from our sponsors.

The tournament is also an opportunity to support local charities and salmon stewards. Labour Day Chinook Classic raises awareness and funds for CAPILANO LITTLE ONES SCHOOL and the PACIFIC SALMON FOUNDATION.

LIMITED TO 65 BOATS, Labour Day Chinook Classic welcomes expert to novice anglers, who are sure to enjoy an exceptional derby experience and a chance at OVER $50,000 IN CASH AND PRIZES!

REGISTER TODAY: www.labourdaychinookclassic.com

Last I heard ( about a week ago now) there was about 45 boats registered ( out of the 65) . I have been asked to join a buddy in his boat that isn't registered yet. I know it will be an absolute blast, the food good, its for a good cause AND a chance to win good money. That kind of quality return though doesn't come cheap. At $1400 for 2 anglers and a boat entry fee ( $1600 for 4 anglers in a boat) I may leave it to those with more money than me... I think the price is fair and doable for many, no problem there , and likely getting all 65 boats to enter will be the proof of a fair price but I have to think twice if its gonna cost $700 each (for a 2 anger boat to enter)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in so the rest need not bother to waste your money:)

I'm in so the rest need not bother to waste your money:)

LOL ...yes I suppose if nobody else enters then you would win for sure - with just one Pink measured and released !! haha ;-) .

LOL ...yes I suppose if nobody else enters then you would win for sure - with just one Pink measured and released !! haha ;-) .
OUCH!!
thats gonna leave a mark :rolleyes:
were you out lastnight for the fireworks??

No, did last year for the 3rd show. Just not too interested this year.

Good cause and all BUT ........

would they not raise more money if they made it affordable for the average Joe ............ the price keeps me from entering thats for sure.

HT

Good cause and all BUT ........

would they not raise more money if they made it affordable for the average Joe ............ the price keeps me from entering thats for sure.

HT

Probably not because with 1/3 the cost for entry fee you would have to have 3 times the boats enter to equal the revenue..... with 3 times the boats then less chance to win . Less chance to win, less interest, less boats.......

I have put a crew together and should be regristered by tomorrow. Should be a blast!!

And Tim, you can still retain all those dogfish you've been catching!!!

I have put a crew together and should be regristered by tomorrow. Should be a blast!!

And Tim, you can still retain all those dogfish you've been catching!!!

I'm gonna chuck one at you! :)

And you may as well save your entry money outa line's already registered;)
Besides your boat will be nothing but a tangled mess hahahaha!!

I'm gonna chuck one at you! :)

And you may as well save your entry money outa line's already registered;)
Besides your boat will be nothing but a tangled mess hahahaha!!

hahahah.. I will drop a Tangled Mess team shirt off at your boat.... It will be the only prize you win:cool:

Ouch!!!
Karma buddy.....karma
Sounds like a challenge to me
See you brite and early, put on your man panties your gonna need them to wipe your tears
Oh and leave the spongebob lunchbox at home will ya
all in good fun buddy I hope we're both standing up there collecting prizes.

Hopefully the spring fishing for this derby is as good as it has been in recent days. T 10 and bell have been pretty damn hot. Good to see. 2 more weeks until LDCC with cash and bragging rights on the line.

Back