Ben Fougere

I'm excited to share our second video on kokanee fishing tips. We love to share what we learn with others and kokanee fishing has been our focus these last few years. Here's the link:

I'm excited to share our second video on kokanee fishing tips. We love to share what we learn with others and kokanee fishing has been our focus these last few years. Here's the link:

Curious what success you’ve had into the fall months while the spawners are doing their thing up the creeks.

I caught an absolute monster second half of sept with non stop action out at my usual spot, no colour whatsoever in any fish. but I’m wondering if it’s worth going after kokes for the next few weeks into October?

Curious what success you’ve had into the fall months while the spawners are doing their thing up the creeks.

I caught an absolute monster second half of sept with non stop action out at my usual spot, no colour whatsoever in any fish. but I’m wondering if it’s worth going after kokes for the next few weeks into October?

Donnie d, I usually wait until most of the spawners have finished up and then I start fishing for kokanee again in the fall. This time of the year is often overlooked in British Columbia. Most people think they have to wait until the lakes freeze over, which is not the case. Fall kokanee fishing only means you will be catching a different age class of fish. I believe fall kokanee fishing will become more popular in British Columbia over the years. There are only 2 things slowing me down from kokanee fishing more; 1. Fall rainbow trout action and 2. hunting season.

Donnie d, I usually wait until most of the spawners have finished up and then I start fishing for kokanee again in the fall. This time of the year is often overlooked in British Columbia. Most people think they have to wait until the lakes freeze over, which is not the case. Fall kokanee fishing only means you will be catching a different age class of fish. I believe fall kokanee fishing will become more popular in British Columbia over the years. There are only 2 things slowing me down from kokanee fishing more; 1. Fall rainbow trout action and 2. hunting season.

Sold.

I’m going this weekend. Fish very far away from any streams and shore out in the middle in 300 ft of water. Will just be 3 year age class I suppose. It’s not quite salmon fishing on the ocean but it’s a blast!

Sold.

I’m going this weekend. Fish very far away from any streams and shore out in the middle in 300 ft of water. Will just be 3 year age class I suppose. It’s not quite salmon fishing on the ocean but it’s a blast!

Great day. Got 12 to the boat in an hour, only one had a tiny bit of colour to it. Everything released for next year!

Great day. Got 12 to the boat in an hour, only one had a tiny bit of colour to it. Everything released for next year!

Awesome. What was working for you?

Be careful releasing too many kokanee. They do not do well with catch and release. They are a handle with care species.

I'm excited to hear you did well today. Makes me want to get out there soon.

Awesome. What was working for you?

Be careful releasing too many kokanee. They do not do well with catch and release. They are a handle with care species.

I'm excited to hear you did well today. Makes me want to get out there soon.

Cognizant of the CNR tactics, luckily hooked all fish in the lower jaw so easy release. I keep anything badly hooked or bleeding. Hoochies pink and white behind dodgers. I’ve found the key for me has been running dummy’s off the cannonballs. One side full size flasher 30” off ball and other side two lengths lake trolls right off the ball. Great fun tons of action!

Cognizant of the CNR tactics, luckily hooked all fish in the lower jaw so easy release. I keep anything badly hooked or bleeding. Hoochies pink and white behind dodgers. I’ve found the key for me has been running dummy’s off the cannonballs. One side full size flasher 30” off ball and other side two lengths lake trolls right off the ball. Great fun tons of action!

I haven't tried Canon ball flashers yet. I'd like to try it one day and see if it makes a big different for me.

Back