Hi Guys
I just joined up with Jughead to do up some 'voltage tuned' bait rigs. Most manufacturers use the common overhand knot for loops. I happened to be trying out a new (to me) brand of fishing line and thought I would do some strength comparisons. While doing this, I discovered that a figure 8 knot is way stronger than a single loop or a double loop (surgeon's knot). I did my tests with Berkley Pro Spec (new to me) and Maxima, both 30lb. The Berkley came out stronger, was more supple and is thinner diameter. I know some anglers like stiffer line. Try some tests yourself before you loose that lunker! Good fishing.
www.lurecharge.com

Are you talking bait teaser heads? These need to roll; not confident this anode thing will help that. I used to use Yamashita line for these as it is the most pliable line.
As for a rear hook, I now use a twin hook mooching rig ; flutter/roll are greatly improved over a treble hook.

Are you talking bait teaser heads? These need to roll; not confident this anode thing will help that. I used to use Yamashita line for these as it is the most pliable line.
As for a rear hook, I now use a twin hook mooching rig ; flutter/roll are greatly improved over a treble hook.
These are not quite the same as teaser heads. They create an action that is comparable to a plug. There is no roll, but there is a lot of wiggle generated because of the configuration of the face. Jugheads fish extremely well without a flasher (see video below). I tie them with a single stinger because the voltage created requires the hook assembly to be of sufficient mass (minimum of a 4/0 nickel or stainless hook). A front sticker hook can also be added and will have no adverse effect on the voltage output. Does voltage work? I guarantee it does, and many of my customers would emphatically agree.

Hi HEH. I prefer Owner black octopus size 4/0. Owners are the sharpest, Gammy's would be next best.

Hi HEH. I prefer Owner black octopus size 4/0. Owners are the sharpest, Gammy's would be next best.
As long as the hooks have a black nickel finish and not clear coated like 'black steel' hooks, then they will also generate voltage with my anodes. Any zinc coated (like VMC), or tinned hooks won't work. Even a brass bodied swivel will reduce the voltage. That's why all my pre-tuned lures have stainless swivels.

Back