Kitty Coleman Reports 2012

eaglemaniac

I was out to Kitty yesterday to pick up my launch pass. Met Cheryl the better half I'm sure of the new keepers of Kitty Coleman. What a wonderful person she is. Can't wait to meet her husband Chris as he sounds like a perfect fit for the park. Good old Harold was there lending his knowledge and support, very nice Harold. The main launch looks like it could use a little bit of regrooving, as it flattens out pretty quick, which makes launching a little sketchy. Still see that picture Lorne. I talked to a guy just heading out as well and he said it was happening out there and the slime has subsided. Can't vouch for that personally but it looks like it's worth giving it a shot. FA, Cuba, GLG etc. We can use this thread this year if you like or go back to the original, or whatever.;) eman

Report from me.
Wind, wind and more wind
This weekend look's good at this point.

Fella from gone fishing said some fish have been coming in...he said, guys caught 3 even in the wind from the last few days, they just made a one way tack. can't valid, just passing on what we heard. I'm thinking this report of fishing in the wind was on tues or mon, I would not think anyone went out yesterday

Was out at Hump yesterday (18th) between 10 & 2 and not a sniff...did not see any others ( a dozen or so)do any better

Was out yesterday from 12-3. Not much happened. Had one nice smack, but was gone by the time I got to my rod. Didn't see any other nets being used out there.

This thread is gonna miss C.S. for sure.

R.I.P. another good poster...

Check out his facebook for pictures of some of the springs he's been hammering out there though!!

Was out today for an afternoon spoon wash.
No boats out there for such a nice day.
Released and undersize gentle for another day.
Small bait in the water, looked like herring about half inch long.
Zipped down to cardinal buoy and saw more bait but only released another undersize.
Weekend looks good to give the can another kick.
GLG

Agreed ^^^^^

That is a total shame. Chris (C.S.) was one of the most helpful and informative members on this site. His contributions to the Kitty Coleman thread alone will be sorely missed. I think I understand why he left but I sure hope he reconsiders at some point. Tight lines Chris.:( eman

What a difference a day makes.
Same gear and same time as yesterday but total different results.
First fish hit within 15 minutes of getting our lines down.
Scrapper that some how managed to bust the hook on my new, best hoochy.
Yea sometimes that happens.... Must have used too much force on the siwash (sp) hook at install.
Done that before.....
Re-rigged and put it back down and a half hour later bang another one.
This time was going to be different.
First I thought it was an undersize as it was just one hit on the rod and not a big hit either.
Grabbed the rod and felt some head shakes but still thought it was small until the first run.
Peeled line and was wondering if it would stop... Little bigger then I thought.
She started to run the boat and I reeled as fast as I could.
Then she turned around and ran back out peeling line like before.
Turned again and came at the boat with me cranking like the house was on fire.
What do you know the darn fish turned for the third time and peeled line again.
So there you have it ... 3 good runs and she must of been tired as she swam slowly back to the boat and in the net.
Hi fives and a quick bleed and into the locker.
Large?? maybe a solid 20#, for this side it's a good fish.
Lines back down and the decked cleaned and were fishing.
Now the other side goes off.
That side had a spoon I call the Western Producer, for you guys that know me.
Nice fight but not the same as the last.
My fishing partner had it well in hand at at the side of the boat when... the hook broke off.....
Darn crap china hook on that c-spoon.
2 broken hooks on three bites.... Never seen that before.
Time to change out my partners gear with some new hooks.
Great day out on the water with hardly a breeze.
Great fun with my buddy as we don't get out together as often as I would like.
Bunch of other boats out there but did not notice if anyone else had any luck.
Might have to see what an O dark 30 might bring in.
Yup, what a difference a day makes.....
GLG

That is a total shame. Chris (C.S.) was one of the most helpful and informative members on this site. His contributions to the Kitty Coleman thread alone will be sorely missed. I think I understand why he left but I sure hope he reconsiders at some point. Tight lines Chris.:( eman

Give me a break....What was informative? His pictures with no info? That lack of sharing? His opinion about who were the most hated people on this site are. What a crappy thread the only good thing I have read so far is GLG's post yesterday. Thanks Gil.....

nice one Gil..... I fished the morning tide at kitty today and picked up a 10# on a squirt hootch lots of boats out there.. hopefully tomorrow is good too!

Yup I saw you out there HT. Waved and you waved back..LOL
One hit for us but after the first run it was gone.
Must have been hooked on the edge of it's lip.
Super nice day after the waves settled down.
Must have been 15 or so boats out there but we didn't see any nets in the water.
Good to here you picked on up there HT.
GLG

Fished from 9-noon today. Saw a few other nets out near the tide change. Picked up a 25# right before we came in. Nice to catch a decent size one once and awhile.

Back